Let's See Those L's!!! [GS***L Picture Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 650gl

A barn bike from my Uncle's farm. Hadn't run since 1993 when I brought it home in April. Here's how it sits today. Stock, all original except tires and air filter, still fully "L", although I do have Daytona bars waiting for me to pick up.

Cheers!
    K
    [IMG]
    Last edited by Skinner; 06-26-2014, 08:26 AM.

Comment

THAT bike is FRESH !!!

Wow -- what a nice find this was --

Originally posted by Skinner View Post
      A barn bike from my Uncle's farm. Hadn't run since 1993 when I brought it home in April. Here's how it sits today. Stock, all original except tires and air filter, still fully "L", although I do have Daytona bars waiting for me to pick up.

Cheers!
      K
      [IMG]
      Currently in the Stable :
      2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
      1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
      - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Originally posted by Wingsconsin View Post
        Wow -- what a nice find this was --
        Yes, it turned out very nicely considering it's age. It didn't look very good when I brought it home. Lots of surface rust and 21 years worth of barn dirt. And there was still gas in the tank and carbs from 1993. Nasty. I'm very happy with how it turned out and how it runs.

Cheers!
        K

Comment

Here is my 79 1000L. Owned it since new. It has been pretty trouble free. Besides tires have changed the stator and replaced the starter clutch bolts. Just doing a bit of work on the ignition plug caps now. 33,000KM

Last edited by Guest; 05-01-2015, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MatBirch View Post
            Sorry, I need to get all the mileage I can out of these pics-

This is what I built for my wife. 1980 550L

This is a sweet looking ride! Well done!

Comment

1980 gs850gl

Bought this new in May 1980. Just turned over 23K today. Couple sets of tires, a handful of batteries, brakes & a tach cable. Always stored inside.

Comment

1980 gs850gl

Bought this new in May 1980. Just turned over 23K today. Couple sets of tires, a handful of batteries, brakes & a tach cable. Always stored inside.

Comment

I guess I never posted my "L" picture. Here is my 1980 GS850GLT (slightly modified, I might say). 101,850 miles and climbing. I bought it in '05 with 25,000 miles.

Comment

Wow! Now that's a lot of miles in just under a decade... And I thought my dad was crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
                      Wow! Now that's a lot of miles in just under a decade... And I thought my dad was crazy!
                      My kids think I'm somewhat crazy, my wife says I am crazy, but the psychiatrist at the VA hospital thinks there's nothing wrong with me. Of course, he looks like Sigmund Freud.....

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
                        Wow! Now that's a lot of miles in just under a decade...
                        Don't forget to take his location into account.

sigpic
                        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                        Family Portrait
                        Siblings and Spouses
                        Mom's first ride
                        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Very Nice

Nice Bike !! The paint is outstanding !!

Comment

My 1981 850. Currently doing a rebuild, need ideas for the back end as I think its the only bad part of the bike.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Heres the 1980 GS750L I picked up for $800. Is that a fair price?

Comment

Originally posted by Lankarge View Post
                                Heres the 1980 GS750L I picked up for $800. Is that a fair price?
                                Depends on location (and a bigger picture) but yeah, pretty fair.

I would have pressed for a discount given those awkward stock rototiller handlebars though!
                                Charles
                                --
                                1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Working...
                                X