Let's See Those L's!!! [GS***L Picture Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eil View Post
    Depends on location (and a bigger picture) but yeah, pretty fair.

I would have pressed for a discount given those awkward stock rototiller handlebars though!
    Haha dont worry I plan on changing them ASAP. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Lankarge View Post
      .................. I plan on changing them ASAP. Any suggestions?
      Standard bars, like from a G.

Not real low and short, like this fellow did just before a 4 day trip.

and the next day

Last edited by Redman; 08-12-2014, 06:16 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

My dream bike- white walls!

image.jpg
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

my GL850GL G-ified

my 1982 GL850GL G-ified
          Attached Files

Comment

Should have her on the road this weekend after a 3 month restoration/mod -

Comment

Took my first ride today on my GS750L. Is is bad that I dont mind the seat at all. Granted it was only a 35 miles ride but no problems. (Im also a shorter rider at 5' 8") BUT my wrists are absolutely killing me because of the handlebars. Changing those really really soon. Bike wants to stall everytime I get to a stop sign. It backfires and it bogs down in cruising rpms (3,000 - 3,500) then takes off. Guessing its all carb stuff. Anyways I had a great time a love the bike!

Comment

My Dad and I got his 850 running yesterday. Went for a 70 mile ride to get it warmed up. The power is addicting. I gotta find myself a 1100 though, Moar Powa!

934798_353988494753147_3076078246710325990_n.jpg

Comment

Love the red frame!

Originally posted by yoshisakan View Post

1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
                  1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

Spam can filters and key ring choke pull work great. Seat is just sat on the bike for mock up. Bike was non running when I got it. Had to buy carbs and use the best parts out of the 2 sets to make one good rack. I have the stock seat foam cut down and am deciding on recovering it or using the cafe seat pictured. going to remount the tach soon. Very minimal wiring. Had to replace the stator and regulator. It keeps improving. Next is welding Bub Mufflers off a moto guzzi inplace of the stock rusted cans. It might get Ducati Monster forks and 17" wheels and pirelli tires front and rear just because I have those parts laying about.

Comment

What handlebars are those?

Comment

Originally posted by kckershovel View Post

Spam can filters and key ring choke pull work great. Seat is just sat on the bike for mock up. Bike was non running when I got it. Had to buy carbs and use the best parts out of the 2 sets to make one good rack. I have the stock seat foam cut down and am deciding on recovering it or using the cafe seat pictured. going to remount the tach soon. Very minimal wiring. Had to replace the stator and regulator. It keeps improving. Next is welding Bub Mufflers off a moto guzzi inplace of the stock rusted cans. It might get Ducati Monster forks and 17" wheels and pirelli tires front and rear just because I have those parts laying about.
                        I have a very similar choke actuatorattachment-1.jpg......
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I'm not sure what bars they are. Just something that came with one of the bikes I bought. I wish they had about an inch more room for the grips and brake levers but I got it all working. They feel great. I had norman Hyde M bars on my last gs650 and these are similar. I actually like the bars pictured better because they have a slight rise or drop depending on how you install them where the m bars I had were the same shape just flat.

Comment

Really cool how a simple handle bar change can give a bike a tougher looking profile. Like the shock boots and modified front fender too.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshisakan View Post
                              what are you using for an exhaust?
                              hard to make out from the pic and heat wrap.
                              factory bandit head pipe maybe?

Comment

Finally got the fiance's 750L painted up and figured I'd show it here. K&N pods, Dynojet kit, 530 chain conversion with o-ring chain. Has Rebuilt carbs, brakes, SH775 reg with Electrosport stator and a 14amp AGM battery. Front and rear wheel bearings were replaced as well. Plan to paint the wheels silver and throw on some reflective blue tape she bought to go around the lip as well as a couple reflective Suzuki emblems. Going to use GSXR 600 tank decals in silver to finish off the tank. Anyways, let the pics speak for themselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X