82 to 80 GS1100E conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 to 80 GS1100E conversion?

is it possible to do this? would it be just bolt on or are the tabs on the frame for side covers etc different?

anything is possible and I don't care to ask why....

Comment

Just exactly WHAT is it you are trying to convert?

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

He's trying to convert an 82 back to an 80. I remember a thread from a few years ago. It is possible but you need to do extensive mods to the underside of the tank & the front mounting tabs, then the seat won't fit & must also be modded, etc.

The conclusion was, it just wasn't worth it.
        80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

I thought maybe he was trying to put the '82's better-looking bodywork on the '80.

Just another example of PLEASE STATE YOUR REQUEST PLAINLY.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I think he wants to make his 82 look like an 80?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              I thought maybe he was trying to put the '82's better-looking bodywork on the '80.

Just another example of PLEASE STATE YOUR REQUEST PLAINLY.

I wonder, perhaps we should have a thread discussing this issue. Hehe.

Comment

pretty simple question, i didn't have a problem understanding it.
                i agree with mad mark. after owning a few of both, i think the 80-81 bodywork is much cooler then the 82/83.
                pot officially stirred. discuss.

Comment

sorry for the confusion thought it was a pretty straight forward question? yeah making my 1982 look like a 1980.

im not going to do this i was just wondering if it was simple or possible because i like the older style tank and seat. if it was bolt on maybe do it if could get a tank and seat cheap, it would be pretty cool to swap out styles every once in a while lol.

so its not just bolt on, thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Mark View Post
                    sorry for the confusion thought it was a pretty straight forward question? yeah making my 1982 look like a 1980.

im not going to do this i was just wondering if it was simple or possible because i like the older style tank and seat. if it was bolt on maybe do it if could get a tank and seat cheap, it would be pretty cool to swap out styles every once in a while lol.

so its not just bolt on, thanks guys.
                    people swap out the same year model with different colors, remove and reinstall fairings. I don't think I have ever seen or heard of a convertible 80-81 to 82-83 setup.

Comment

Working...
                    X