Interstate Torc T22b Helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interstate Torc T22b Helmet

Hello folks, posting here because of the lack of a gear forum here at GS Resources. I will be purchasing the Interstate Torc T22b helmet on Friday. This is a mid priced modular helmet with integrated Bluetooth. I should receive the helmet middle of next week and plan to do a comprehensive review on this purchase here. I looked at modular Bluetooth integrated helmets and helmets that were pre-made for Bluetooth headset add-ons. So far the Torc has been the best all around. The lower end Bluetooth integrated helmets leak air so bad at speeds 35 mph and higher that its not even worth it. The high end Bluetooth helmets are just too expensive for my budget. The Torc retails right around $300 and the price is comparable to a high end non Bluetooth model. This helmets strongest feature is that it comes with Blinc Bluetooth 3 which offers changing songs and stations (FM integration) right from the dial on the side of the helmet and is glove friendly. No need to be focused on the MP3 player while trying to ride. The helmet also offers the ability to sync to multiple devices at the same time. This allows the helmet to be sync'd with a phone or MP3 player at the same time it is sync'd with another helmet for multiple rider communication (up to 1000 ft). I am a network administrator by trade so this is second nature to me. All of you old timers ready for the nursing home and not ready embrace new technology need not comment.

Can't wait to be rolling down the interstate listening to Topgun's Highway to the Danger Zone.

Looking forward to what you have to say about it once you get some miles on it. Pretty solid looking helmet. Do they make a non-modular version?

Instead of the motorcycle appearance section of the forum this thread probably would have been more appropriate in the "buyer reviews" area.

Comment

Originally posted by dr_fosg8 View Post
      Looking forward to what you have to say about it once you get some miles on it. Pretty solid looking helmet. Do they make a non-modular version?

Instead of the motorcycle appearance section of the forum this thread probably would have been more appropriate in the "buyer reviews" area.
      Yes they do make a non-modular version. http://www.jpcycles.com/product/134-...FcVAMgod8SYA2w

This is one of the many I am sure. Blinc (the manufacturer of the Bluetooth device) has their own version of this helmet called the sun. Good call on the buyer reviews area. Dont know how I missed that.

Comment

Well after several weeks of fumbling around with the shipper, Chaparral Motorsports, I finally received my helmet. Right off the bat, the helmet is very visually appealing. I pulled a couple of the pads from the inside, just to see how the quality of the wiring was done. Glad I did because there was an engineering flaw in the way that the headphone wires were routed from the bluetooth device. The wire from the bluetooth device to the left side headphone was very taught and would eventually cause a short at the 90 degree bend the wire had to make into the headphone. After correcting that, I was ready to ride. The battery is replaceable and did come with enough charge to get to the local technical college where I could charge it while in class. At first the helmet worked great. You sync it to your device one time and it remembers the last device it was synced to every time thereafter. The controls are very rider friendly. The only downfall to this helmet is remembering all the controls. With 2 controls and the ability to do so much, there are a few button sequences to remember. An example would be: Press and hold the button for 5 seconds to turn on. Turn dial towards the rear for 3 seconds to enter FM mode. Snap the dial to the rear once to increment the volume one level. Snap the dial toward the front to increment the station. The screen is crystal clear with a batter life indicator and message screen. The helmet fits great. The volume of the bluetooth is limited because of the obvious reason that you have to be able to hear emergency vehicles. This is not a problem because I can still hear my music clearly at 70, not loud but clear. The helmet has very little wind leakage. I have fallen in love with the tinted visor inside the helmet, bluetooth or not, this is a must have feature. This helmet is very aerodynamic and I no longer have the wind lift I had with my old helmet. I would rate this helmet a 7.8 out of 10.

Comment

7.8 out of 10? Really? Why not 8 out of 10? (kidding). Do they make a non-blue-tooth version that only plays music from your mp3 player?
          Current Bikes:
          2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Working...
          X