X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
    From yesterday's Christmas Day ride!

Top shot is excellent!
    1982 1100G - 1979 1000SN Cooley #703 - 1982 Kawasaki ELR#337 - 1982 Katana 1000SZ (X3) #769, #872, #1963 - 1983 1100E mid-night blue (X2) - Ducati 907ie - 1976 GT750 Bad Buffalo

Comment

Harley1o
      We all need bigger pics of you Katana.
      Tnx
      Greg
      sigpic1983 1100 Katana - soon to be turbo Busa powered.
      2007 GSXR1K-Sold-But not forgotten.
      Have 2X ZG14 engine's for '81 GS750E project.
      '82 GS750E frame is TITLED awaiting GSXR1127/12B engine and '81 1100E slowly being built.

Comment

Yeah it's a part now ,half way there just got body work painted and it looks gooda, give me a week or two

Comment

I really loved the styling of the katana and dreamed to have one for my self. The only think that I don't like with it is the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by gsheader View Post
            I really loved the styling of the katana and dreamed to have one for my self. The only think that I don't like with it is the weight.
            you're on the money!! and in conjunction with the cafe style position ... they can be a pain in the ass to maneuver (sp) in tight conditions.
            But I'd LOVE the opportunity to blast one around a track. I find it just an awesome seating position when you've got alot of speed.
            I rode a '92ish GSXR 1100 for a short while (storing one for friend). Great stuff ... but I actually preferred the Katana's seemingly, additional stretched position.
            Last edited by Guest; 01-20-2014, 09:09 PM.

Comment

I miss it even more!!
              sigpicIt wasnt me! I didnt do it! You cant prove anything!
              82 1100EZ

Comment

Originally posted by viperg View Post
                With this Winter weather I am really missing this right now. Big Time!

I "really" miss it!!
                sigpicIt wasnt me! I didnt do it! You cant prove anything!
                82 1100EZ

Comment

Originally posted by GDT1960 View Post
                  I "really" miss it!!
                  Hey Greg! I took the Katana to Barber in 2013 and we won "Best In Show Merit" at the VJMC against some really stiff vintage competition. So the Kat is continuing on it's resume of show pedigree. After trailering down our bikes with a buddy and my father, Dad and I planned to ride home. We took the LONG WAY home (900 miles) only using to lanes all the way. Trip took two & a half days and the Kat even managed 55mpg on one tank and averaged 50mpg for the trip. Best trip I have had in years seeing some of the best roads in the southern US. Of course, riding the big Katana was a blast.

1982 1100G - 1979 1000SN Cooley #703 - 1982 Kawasaki ELR#337 - 1982 Katana 1000SZ (X3) #769, #872, #1963 - 1983 1100E mid-night blue (X2) - Ducati 907ie - 1976 GT750 Bad Buffalo

Comment

Enjoy
                    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

That is too cool.
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Great pictures, Pete.
                        I bet you guys get tons of stares when you rumble into a lot.
                        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Lovely bikes Pete! Did I ever mention I hate Eucalyptus trees! At least the ones in California.

cg
                          sigpic
                          83 GS1100g
                          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Yeah the guys tend to turn a few eyes at meeting points... there were cars touring the IGA carpark at the starting point just to get a good look at them, and then there were lots of enquiring eyes at the cafe where those shots were taken, especially after they were lined up like that.

There should have been 10 Kats on the day but one guy had to turn back at the start, one that just got re-registered developed some crank and other issues a few days before the ride, and the last one unfortunately the rider has had to pop into hospital for a hernia operation.

I'm hoping I can add another to that number by the end of this year... fingers crossed!

Charlie... eucalyptus trees can be a right royal PITA, especially in storms and high winds... none near my house though fortunately!
                            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Nice photos Pete. Its always nice to see a clowder of Kats. Good luck in your search for yours.
                              1985 GSX750SF (BOTM March 2015)
                              1986 GSX750SG (parts bike/project?)

Comment

Pete,

I always enjoy looking at your ride & picture posts especially when they involve multiple pictures of lots of big Kats lounging around together. The most I can get together here in my area are 4 at best. Nice Shot!

Comment

Working...
                                X