Official Katana Picture Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by odin1 View Post
    Nice photos Pete. Its always nice to see a clowder of Kats. Good luck in your search for yours.
    Haha cheers mate, when you're next on the KA forum have a look in the Power O 22nd Feb topic... there are lots more of the day from better cameras than my iPhone

Never heard of a clowder of Kats before... haha

Originally posted by viperg View Post
    Pete,

I always enjoy looking at your ride & picture posts especially when they involve multiple pictures of lots of big Kats lounging around together. The most I can get together here in my area are 4 at best. Nice Shot!
    Mate I love posting them! There's nothing like a clowder (as odin says!) to brighten your day...

In two weeks there'll be a very large number of Kats gathering for the annual State of Origin meet up where the Queensland, New South Wales, and Victorian members all get together for an overnight stay and lots of riding.

I won't make it except for part of the run down again this year but hopefully I'll have some more photos to post... hopefully it's somewhat drier than last year!
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Snow go away! Got the Kat out on a clear day with a high of 51 degrees. Suppose to get another round of snow tomorrow (3"-6") hopefully the last of it for this winter.

1982 1100G - 1979 1000SN Cooley #703 - 1982 Kawasaki ELR#337 - 1982 Katana 1000SZ (X3) #769, #872, #1963 - 1983 1100E mid-night blue (X2) - Ducati 907ie - 1976 GT750 Bad Buffalo

Comment

Yay - first ride of the season

I put some NOS mirrors on to replace the Napoleons that were on there. Got a couple of changes planned for the Kat this season; a return to stock signals, put a stock rear fender back on, ditch the Ohlins and swap on a different set of wheels/tires.

Comment

Pic from March 7th.

First time the Kat had been out of the garage since Christmas Day! I'm a neglectful owner...
          2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by pontiacstogo View Post
            Yay - first ride of the season

I put some NOS mirrors on to replace the Napoleons that were on there. Got a couple of changes planned for the Kat this season; a return to stock signals, put a stock rear fender back on, ditch the Ohlins and swap on a different set of wheels/tires.
            Why do you want to ditch the Ohlins?
            I might be interested
            sigpicJohn Kat
            My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,
            GS 1100 SZ Katana with GS 1135 EFF engine, KTM Superduke 1290 R 2020

Comment

Ditch the Ohlins?

Ditch the Ohlins. Don't often hear that phrase in the Northern Hemishere.

You guys 'down under' know something we don't?
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                Ditch the Ohlins. Don't often hear that phrase in the Northern Hemishere.
                Been in the US for 16 years, but every now and then the 'kiwi' in me slips out. I should have said; 'get rid of the Ohlins' .

And it doesn't mean they're going to sit on a shelf - I'm just swapping them out for something that I think will suit the Katana better.

Comment

The weather has been superb here in France and I took my bikes out for a couple of rides
                  Just a word of caution: NEVER ride a Katana after riding a Ninja
                  The comparison is just unfair!

sigpicJohn Kat
                  My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,
                  GS 1100 SZ Katana with GS 1135 EFF engine, KTM Superduke 1290 R 2020

Comment

Originally posted by John Kat View Post
                    The weather has been superb here in France and I took my bikes out for a couple of rides
                    Just a word of caution: NEVER ride a Katana after riding a Ninja
                    The comparison is just unfair!

Yes it is an apples to oranges comparison for me. Like me comparing my Ducati 916 to the Katana, worlds different. Strangely, I prefer the Katana. Of course if you compare the Kat to any other vintage bike from that era the same can be said.

Sweet 1100 Kat by the way!
                    1982 1100G - 1979 1000SN Cooley #703 - 1982 Kawasaki ELR#337 - 1982 Katana 1000SZ (X3) #769, #872, #1963 - 1983 1100E mid-night blue (X2) - Ducati 907ie - 1976 GT750 Bad Buffalo

Comment

Heres one of my KAT

84 Katana Restored with a couple of little extras but have the original parts

Comment

Originally posted by crabbait View Post
                        Love the RED and the spokies! Good job.

Comment

My other kat

Originally posted by crabbait View Post
                          1980 with original spoke wheels just waiting for exhaust being ceramic coated

Comment

filler

Comment

I like that back rim. The jury is still out on the other mods.
                              1985 GSX750SF (BOTM March 2015)
                              1986 GSX750SG (parts bike/project?)

Comment

Originally posted by odin1 View Post
                                I like that back rim. The jury is still out on the other mods.
                                the rim (Chicane (sp)) allows for a 140 (stock = 120) rear tire w/out any mods nec.
                                ps your jury should be dismissed! definite mistrial if there's not immediate consensus!!
                                Last edited by Guest; 03-29-2014, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X