Official Katana Picture Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And my "next" Baby Kat...

Well if all goes ok...maybe two Baby Kats?....

Comment

Nice SweetP. I'm in process on mine. I have never seen another one on the road..ever. Can't wait to get her finished up. Yours looks great!
      1982 GS550M Rebuilt Winter '12 - 550 to 673cc engine conversion.
      1989 Kawasaki ZX-7 Ninja
      2016 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle

Comment

Thanks Sci! I havn't seen one around either myself! My buddies tell me there is guy nearby with one, but havn't seen it, but they tell me it's a wreck! It's a lot of fun to ride! Do you have a thread going on your rebuild?

Comment

This beautiful Katana with 3k on the odometer was sold to the Solvang Museum in Ca.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by joesigns View Post
            This beautiful Katana with 3k on the odometer was sold to the Solvang Museum in Ca.
            For how much?
            No signature

Comment

...a couple more sitting in my garage and also one being built for AHRMA racing in 2013.
              sigpic

Comment

Now Joe, you can't just tease us with those two pics, even if you have to put the pics of the hot rod Honda in the "Other Projects".
                Looks and sounds like quite a stable going on there.
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

here's a better one!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                    Now Joe, you can't just tease us with those two pics, even if you have to put the pics of the hot rod Honda in the "Other Projects".
                    Looks and sounds like quite a stable going on there.
                    Never mind Joe, i found your website.
                    Amazing bikes and some great racing video.
                    Ha, i have a stock CB160 and it sure doesn't go like the ones in your clip.
                    Is the 900SD yours? Always liked the look of them.
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

nice bikes everyone! really wish my dad didnt sell his kat a few years ago

Comment

My new ride

Here's two pics of my new ride, just been done with tinkerin'.

Comment

Nice bike. Did you modify the front engine brackets under the exhaust to allow for the rubber mounts?
                          GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

The engine is elevated by 10 mm by new engine mounts. My aim was to gain more ground clearance when doing turns in a more enthusiastic way.

What rubber mounts do you mean?

Comment

Very nice Pedda!
                              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

That appears to be a 1150 motor, which buzzes noticeably more than a 1100. What do they call them in Europe GSX?

Not sure over there, but over here all the 1150's came with rubber mounts to quell the buzzing.

When I transplanted my 1150 engine into my '83 Kat frame, I rode for awhile like this noticing the excessive buzzing through pegs, bars, everywhere basically. I had a local machine shop graft the rubber mounts onto the stock brackets.

Supposedly it comes from bigger wristpins than the 1100 used.
                                GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Working...
                                X