Whats a mint '79GS750E seat worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats a mint '79GS750E seat worth?

Hey I dont know what these seats are worth but this one is cherry! I dont care if someone out there sees this and wants to bid on it, go ahead.

I wanted it for 150 but its past that and only 2 hours left. How much are these going for? Is it worth $200?

I just paid $80 for one almost that nice and I missed the final bidding on a similar one last week. You just have to be patient and find the right one.

Comment

Do only the '79s come with that chrome strip on the bottom? That piece has to be terrible hard to find.

Comment

How about this 1977 seat that sold for $227.50 + $75.00 to ship to Norway?
        http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUZUKI-1977-...792829&vxp=mtr

Comment

Originally posted by CycloneGS View Post
          Hey I dont know what these seats are worth but this one is cherry! I dont care if someone out there sees this and wants to bid on it, go ahead.

I wanted it for 150 but its past that and only 2 hours left. How much are these going for? Is it worth $200?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271052594013...84.m1426.l2649
          It all depends what it is worth to you. I personally paid 275. a couple years ago for a new old stock 1000g seat. If I were looking I might go 2 on it
          1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
          80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
          1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
          83 gs750ed- first new purchase
          85 EX500- vintage track weapon
          1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
          “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
          If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Depends who is looking at the time, I had a hard time getting rid of a pearl of a seat for $80 a few months ago.
            Yet bought a 1000G seat in near perfect condition for $35, luck of the draw I guess.
            If someone wants it for a 10 point restoration, they will happily pay the money, no chance he will get that kind of money off a GSR member.....

Comment

I flogged a NOS one on ebay a year or so ago that fetched I think it was about £240.
              I think that if you could afford it go for it, the stock of parts is drying up quickly.
              1000 stuff is becoming very thin on the ground as I'm finding out for my next project.
              sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Thanks for all the quick replies. I let it pass. I am not going for a 100% restore right now and I didnt have that much coin. It went for $165.

Comment

Look in the parts for sale section. NBraun has one he wants $100 for.

Comment

Working...
                  X