Parts between models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parts between models

I just got a 1982 GS750. The tank on it isnt to my liking neither is the seat...but i have looked at the pics in the gallery for 1982 and there are some tanks and seats on the 100 that i love

My question is what years of the GS's will the parts be swapable to my bike...I love the look of the above bike....will it work?.....THANKS

Well, does your tank mount with one bolt in the back or two?
    If one bolt then you can definitely swap a tank from an 81 GS750L like what I've got.

If your seat slides into the holders from the back towards the tank and latches down in the rear at the back-end of the seat then you can probably use a seat from an 81 GS750L too.

Good luck, I'm sure that others will chime in and let you know more.

Dm of mD

Comment

I have what you're talking about.....it has the two round thingamabobs toward the forks on the frame to hold the tank, and one bolt to hold the rear (near the seat) down. so that helps alot, at least now i know what to be looking for when shopping for a tank. I'm brand new to the motorcycle and GS world, so you guys (and gals) bear with me as I try to figger all this out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lollypop
        I have what you're talking about.....it has the two round thingamabobs toward the forks on the frame to hold the tank, and one bolt to hold the rear (near the seat) down. so that helps a lot, at least now i know what to be looking for when shopping for a tank. I'm brand new to the motorcycle and GS world, so you guys (and gals) bear with me as I try to figger all this out.
        Well welcome aboard the forum. It's always good to have another GS enthusiast among us. You may just want to keep an eye open on Ebay. There is auctions for used GS tanks on there almost all the time and so many makes and models go across so searching regularly is best. I won a spare tank for my bike a few months back for 3 dollars and 10 to ship it. Sometimes you can get lucky like that. Other times a tank will go for hundreds. So you have to watch and and watch often to find a cheap one but finding one should not be an issue.

Comment

THANKS GUYS...........

Comment

is there a gs interchange book?

is there a book that shows what parts interchange between models and years? there is an automotive book called hallander interchange but it covers cars and trucks...any ideas out there?

Comment

Same problem here too... NEED a replacement seat and tank for a 1982 GS750T but it's murder to try and find an exact match. Would be happy with compatible parts that would fit my year and model but can't seem to find a matrix that shows compatibility.

Comment

Working...
              X