• Time
  • Show
Clear All

"do you gs guys like choppers? "

No.

Comment

Why sound like a Harley?

Originally posted by Jus850
      sure choppers are cool but how could you get a nice v-twin sound out of a 4 banger.
      Of course it dosesnt have to sound like a hog. 8)
      jus850
      Why would you think that a "chopper" have to sound like a Harley?

Japanese, British, German...all kinds of bikes have been chopped along the years and not only V-twins...

My bike sounds pretty good and is a inline 4 !

Comment

i like the look of the yahmaha xs650 choppers. i just like the xs650

Comment

the yamaha xs does have the right balance, always wanted one

Comment

Originally posted by saaz View Post
            I like bikes....

After that they just come in order of preference for owning or riding....
            Yep.
            I love 60s-70s styled chops.
            I do hate the beach-ball tired billet laden things they call "choppers" nowadays, though.

Comment

Choppers=bad

Comment

BTW, speaking of choppers, why did American Chopper get moved to TLC? Discover Channel ratings for it dropping?

Comment

because mythbusters is so much better than occ

Comment

What's really weird, is trick my truck is being played on MTV2. Wasn't that a country music television thing?

Comment

Yes

I dig choppers. I dig rats. And I really dig rat chops. Big GS's are the perfect donor; loads of torque, reliable as the day is long, right size wheels(16" and 19"), and cheap as ****. Chop on.
                      Last edited by Guest; 01-20-2007, 09:12 PM.

Comment

I like choppers!

Well, the ones you can actually ride. Some of them you just can't, and I'm no down with that.

Comment

I like bobbers. The original choppers were cool, take everything off that is not absolutely essential. The new skool, load 'em up with chrome, bull**** choppers suck. They have no turning radius. Minimalist is best as far as I am concerned.

Comment

Chopped my Sting-Ray at the age of twelve....

Couldn't even ride it at all after that except slowly on level roads. Pretty much sucked. Every chopper I have ever ridden was similar. CG wrong, wheelbase wrong, it's all wrong. Never seen anyone else riding any chopper fast enough to be fun. Have seen several guys get tossed off by a bump or something which would have been a non-event on any regular motorcycle, or hit cars which would have been easily avoided on anything with half decent handling or braking ability. Seem pretty silly to ruin a ridable bike just to make it look cool. Give me function over form any day.
                            So I guess that would be a resounding no.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

GS's and other sport bikes (supposedly) look the way they do for functional reasons to increase performance. Chopper are generaly made to be more artistic or to have a higher sex appeal. To that end, any chopper is going to be very personal, so asking our onions and opinions probably wont help. Go ahead, play with the lines of the bike, the paint scheme, heck, cover it in latex if it you that appeals to you. Just don't expect it to be a performance bike. All that occ and biker build off cr@p about making fast coppers is complete bull. I'm not even riding yet, but I'm willing to bet that if you try pushing 90mph with an upright riding position, with the wide bars (or the perviously mentioned apes) you are probably going to have to velco you a$$ to the seat

Choppers are bikes that are meant to be seen. in the most extreme cases, they are rolling art, so make sure you put a nice, wide, low profile tire on the back so you can be nice a stable at really slow speed (giving people a chance to look of course) but I'll probably out perform you on my bicycle.

Comment

i like choppers:-D must have 16" rear and 21" front,a well constructed balanced frame otherwise it'll handle like a bag of custard :-D could let go of the bars on mine an it still went straight no wobbles etc

Comment

Working...
                                X