No announcement yet.

aftermarket gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a set of '93 GSXR clocks on my '83 GS1100E. I have a '93 GSXR forks on it. My mechanic got the speedo and tach sorted out but the temp gauge has yet to be completed.

Comment

Question to the guys that installed a dan moto unit.
      how did you get the tach to work?,did you need to use a resistor or diode somewhere in the line?
      i got all functions but the RPM to work

thanks
      Eran

Comment

Originally posted by eran_k View Post
        how did you get the tach to work?,did you need to use a resistor or diode somewhere in the line?

thanks
        Eran
        Iirc, the wiring was mislabeled from dan motto for the tach. I'll check mine & let you know.
        80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

Originally posted by eran_k View Post

thanks
          Eran

Ok, just checked my Dan Moto diagram. The rpm wiring was mislabelled in my diagram. You actually want to wire up the blue/black wiring to get the tach to work. At least that's the way mine was.

Let me know if this fixes it, please
          80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

Thanks,
            I got the colour right, in my unit it's a red\white wire.
            Did you just connected the wire to a negative coil terminal and it worked?
            or did you have to make some kind of a harness with diodes,resistor and join all the coils?

Eran

Comment

Nope, just connected it to the appropriate wire in the harness. No fuss, no muss.

Are you sure it's the negative wire at the coil?

Comment

The + size of the coil is constant, the negative is the pulsing so i think this is where it picks the signal from

Comment

Only need one coil hookup?

Comment

Does anyone know the Tach ratio for a 1979 GS550? I read that the 850 is a 1:4 and was thinking the 550 would be the same but want to make sure since it takes a few weeks for parts to arrive over here.

Comment

The tach drive gear is the same part.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

it takes a few weeks for parts to arrive over here.
                        Surely, ye speak in jest.........

Comment

Hi there I just received my danmoto 180 gauge and I'm wondering how you guys mounted the pick up magnet for the hall sensor

Comment

Originally posted by Obdaleccio View Post
                            Hi there I just received my danmoto 180 gauge and I'm wondering how you guys mounted the pick up magnet for the hall sensor
                            I couldn't figure out how to mount the supplied magnet either so I jbought a flat one from Princess Auto here in Canada & JB welded it to the wheel, easy peasy.

Comment

Thanks nastyjones, seems to be the best option

Comment

Working...
                              X