My 82 GS750T Restore Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 82 GS750T Restore Project

Here is the 1982 GS750T that I just finished up. Now it is time to RIDE!!

IMAG0132 by Shane_Coots, on Flickr

IMAG0131 by Shane_Coots, on Flickr

IMAG0130 by Shane_Coots, on Flickr

IMAG0129 by Shane_Coots, on Flickr

Nice, I like that paint job.
    That bike looks stellar!

Comment

I like it! Silver and Black are mystique colors. Where's the grab rail?

The handle bars are sweet though...I can see those type on my "T" considering I like to lean forward and WAIL. And the mirror placement means I don't have to sit up to see traffic behind me.

Ed
      Last edited by GSXR7ED; 02-11-2013, 07:56 PM.
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Great job... really like what you've done with her.

Comment

Tastefully done. I love the silver.

Comment

Many Thanks

Thanks guys for all the great comments, this was my first project bike, actually it is my daughters boyfriends bike, he is a grad student in chiropractics and soon will be moving from Washington to California to finish. He asked what I thought of doing some work on it for him and I agreed, especially after I saw the rear tire had dry rot cracks, add in that my daughter was ridding pillion on the death tire, I agreed to do some light work. Once in the garage and on the stand, both exhausts FELL off.

The side covers were held in place with duct tape, the chain had no O-Rings left and the gas tank had a steady leak from the petcock so the work began.

Paint, polish, tear off, order parts, order more parts, and a few more and soon it was beginning to look like what I imagined. The side covers were the trickiest, I wrapped them in Carbon Fiber and we matched the paint from there. All in all, I am happy and he is too. Thanks for taking a look.

Comment

Really GREAT Work!

Originally posted by brandons View Post
              Thanks guys for all the great comments, this was my first project bike, actually it is my daughters boyfriends bike, he is a grad student in chiropractics and soon will be moving from Washington to California to finish. He asked what I thought of doing some work on it for him and I agreed, especially after I saw the rear tire had dry rot cracks, add in that my daughter was ridding pillion on the death tire, I agreed to do some light work. Once in the garage and on the stand, both exhausts FELL off.

The side covers were held in place with duct tape, the chain had no O-Rings left and the gas tank had a steady leak from the petcock so the work began.

Paint, polish, tear off, order parts, order more parts, and a few more and soon it was beginning to look like what I imagined. The side covers were the trickiest, I wrapped them in Carbon Fiber and we matched the paint from there. All in all, I am happy and he is too. Thanks for taking a look.
              My hats off to you. The bike is gorgeous and I want mine to have that look at some point.

So is your daughter moving to CALI with the B-friend? I've got family in SoCal and I'm thinking one day I'll be back there...we'll see.

Ed
              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
              GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
              Originally posted by GSXR7ED
              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

That is really gorgeous. I love the silver color and the T model is one of my favorites. Enjoy!

Comment

Well done. That shows some serious commitment to a project that isn't yours to keep.

Nice work on being a great dad, too!
                  '83 GS650G
                  '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

I love it... Do ya need to ask me why?
                    '83 GS 1100T
                    The Jet

sigpic
                    '95 GSXR 750w
                    The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Sweet Bike

I love it....where did you find those signals?

Comment

Working...
                      X