lets see some chopped or bobbed gs's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lets see some chopped or bobbed gs's

i know this kinda thing is taboo here but hey i would love to see some chopped or bobbed gs models so if ya got em post em up if ya gona hate then go to another post

if you got a spare few hours, have a gander at this thread.....

there is probably a pic of every members bike here in this thread plus a lot more.
    customs,choppers,bobbers,cafe's the whole lot
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

And for everything chopped that isn't worth looking at, http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=159159

Comment

I know chopped and bobbed bikes make all y'all purist's stomachs turn but gs's make some of the best looking bobbers on the road I've got a bone stock gs450L thats a blast toride and a hardtail bobbed 750T (before any beheads me for bobbing a T I bought it as a bobber project without a rear section) and I love 'em both. It's all about personal taste. Oh and by the way how come café bikes are accepted but bobbers and choppers are shunned like the plague?
        Last edited by Guest; 03-23-2013, 12:27 AM.

Comment

I wanna see...

Originally posted by selzer85 View Post
          I know chopped and bobbed bikes make all y'all purist's stomachs turn but gs's make some of the best looking bobbers on the road I've got a bone stock gs450L thats a blast toride and a hardtail bobbed 750T (before any beheads me for bobbing a T I bought it as a bobber project without a rear section) and I love 'em both. It's all about personal taste.
          The bobber 750T.

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by selzer85 View Post
            I know chopped and bobbed bikes make all y'all purist's stomachs turn but gs's make some of the best looking bobbers on the road I've got a bone stock gs450L thats a blast toride and a hardtail bobbed 750T (before any beheads me for bobbing a T I bought it as a bobber project without a rear section) and I love 'em both. It's all about personal taste. Oh and by the way how come café bikes are accepted but bobbers and choppers are shunned like the plague?
            i agree with this what is the difference in cutting the frame off to make it a cafe racer or cutting the frame off to build a rigid tail section i absolutely love custom bikes and hell if i rode a stock bike i would be like every other yuppy on earth riding just to say i have a bike i hate goin to the local bike get to gether and everybodys bike looks the same other than colors im the type i like to stand from the crowd so well said sir

Comment

nobody is really against ANY of them as long as they are done well. its a shame to hack up a perfectly good example of any motorcycle (except Honda's and GS L models).
              its the way people do them, if the frame is cut and modified well and in a safe way then it is ok. if the frame is hacked up by a blunt chainsaw and is slapped together in such a manner that it is a danger to anything within a 50 metre radius of it, then THAT is when it gets slated and frowned upon.......
              1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                nobody is really against ANY of them as long as they are done well. its a shame to hack up a perfectly good example of any motorcycle (except Honda's and GS L models).
                its the way people do them, if the frame is cut and modified well and in a safe way then it is ok. if the frame is hacked up by a blunt chainsaw and is slapped together in such a manner that it is a danger to anything within a 50 metre radius of it, then THAT is when it gets slated and frowned upon.......
                i do agree with agemax on this one aswell if it is done then it has to be done right and tasteful and safe as far as a rigid bike goes their is nothing wrong with a bike being rigid hell until the mid 60s almost all bikes were rigid and that design worked well for many years their have been some great points made here in this forum and some good links posted aswell now its picture time weather they be from a google search or your own private collection post em up

Comment

Ive seen some great cafe bikes but mostly alot of crappy butcher jobs out there. I think it is just a passing "fad" like putting an earing in your eyebrow or tattoing something stupid on your forehead. It is usually done by insecure youngsters in search of attention wanting to become"special".

Know this, one cannot become "special" by putting on a coat insideout or wearing you hat sideways. That kind of behaviour shows weekness in the brainpan.

Comment

Most GSes, because of their frame and overall stance, are better candidates for cafes. My old Yamaha woulda been a better choice for a bobber because of the cruiser-type frame and stance. That said, it didn't stop me from making it a cafe.
                    Most cafe jobs don't entail hacking up the frame, unless you're going for the whole unishock thing, which I hate. Bobbers, howeve, tend to get their frames hacked, moreso. Some times it's to hardtail it. Either way, hacking a frame on any bike that is beholden by a dedicated fanbase such as the GSes, is gonna get looked at like a sacrilege.
                    Just my two cents on the subject.

Comment

just thought id share this amazing example of a tastefully built chopper gs1100e i mean this thing is done right

Comment

Working...
                      X