Best Chrome Polish???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Chrome Polish???

Im wanting to polise my engine covers and 4 to 4 exhaust. Im wandering what Chrome polish and TECHNIQUES you use? THanks for the replies.

solvol autosol and elbow grease
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Where do I get it? Any tips on Techniques?

Comment

Buschs Super Shine Aluminum Polish..its the whip on chrome too. No hard scrubbing...rub it in and the surface rust just goes away. Wipe it and polish it to a great shine.

MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

so my week end project is to polish my covers pretty up my bike. Ill upload some before/after pics and tell you how it goes. Maybe even the Best CHrome polish Thanks chuck, Ill give it a try...

...to be continued

Comment

Stand by...check your PM inbox in a minute or two
            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

What chrome are you trying to clean? Sounds to me like you're refering to aluminum parts.
              sigpic

82 GS850
              78 GS1000
              04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
              .................________-|___\____
              ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

He asked about the chrome for the exhaust in the original post.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                  He asked about the chrome for the exhaust in the original post.

Yup. He also asked about engine covers, in that same original post.
                  sigpic

82 GS850
                  78 GS1000
                  04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                  .................________-|___\____
                  ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

What about the forks? What is best to polish them?

Comment

Semi-chrome for chrome and I use fine grade steel wool for aluminum, that is once you get the old yellowed weathered clear coat off, and the steel wool will take that off too, but it does take time.
                      sigpic
                      Steve
                      "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

I've been using Mother's for years. It is just as good on chrome as it is on aluminum. I use it for the final polishing of the parts that I do, graduating from 00, 000, 0000 steel wool on to flannel. The removal of weathered clear coat is the easy part.....no paper and no steel wool.

Comment

It can polish up a lot of stuff, but I really love Simichrome.

Comment

I found good results can be acheived with Britemax easy cut followed by Meguiars NXT metal polishes and elbow grease.

I did some tatty original 250 headers and they look great.
                            Page 203 in this thread...

This area is to be used only for general GS topics. For non-GS related topics, join the Off-Topic usergroup. <b>Technical questions are not to be posted here.</b>

Comment

Jon Boy, looks great. What jetting did you end up with to run pods?

Comment

Working...
                              X