Look at this light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at this light

I saw this listed in our local buy/sell today and I noticed the light in the first picture.

It seems to be a driving light and it also seems to be a stock item as its marked Suzuki. I'm not familiar with this model but I never noticed this type of light before.

Just curious, can anyone tell me more? Is it stock? Some kind of model specific or model upgrade?

cheers,
    Spyug

Just a guess, but that looks like something that would have come off a Cavalcade.
    '83 GS650G
    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

You can see something like it here:

'83 GS650G

Comment

I thought the Tempter was a GR? At least mine was.

Comment

Originally posted by Zim View Post
          I thought the Tempter was a GR? At least mine was.
          Yes, it was a GR650.

Apparenly that light is standard equipment.

It only shows for the '83 model year, it is Part number 36110-15530, and shows as No Longer Available.

Searched a few vendors, Bike BANDIT was the first to show an old price of $70.86.

Interesting light, it would be nice to find one at a decent price.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Wow, I don't ever recall seeing that on any of the Tempters around here. I'll have to have a closer look the next time I see one.

I think you can just see the bracket in this local Craigslist ad.

'83 GS650G

Comment

Light

Originally posted by spyug View Post
              I saw this listed in our local buy/sell today and I noticed the light in the first picture.

It seems to be a driving light and it also seems to be a stock item as its marked Suzuki. I'm not familiar with this model but I never noticed this type of light before.

Just curious, can anyone tell me more? Is it stock? Some kind of model specific or model upgrade?

cheers,
              Spyug
              Suzuki manufactured two models of the Temper, the GR650 as in the advert you provided which had two tone paint, cast wheels, and that nifty little "parking light" on the fork cover. There was also the GR650X bring the plain version with single color paint, spoke wheels, and no light. The GR650 retailed at $2399.00 and the GR650X was $2149.00. Hope that helps.
              1980 GS1000E

Comment

It's just a parking light - not any kind of driving light at all. I think the bulb is only drawing 2 or 3 watts? Comes on with the taillight, and can stay on when the ignition switch is turned all the way to the "park" position.

I might have one around somewhere, but it's pretty much useless on anything other than a GR650 because of the odd fork spacing.

Comment

1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I have that same light, came of a parts 85 gs550L I bought

Comment

Working...
                    X