Engine badges...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kiwi Canuck View Post
    Trevor, did you get the emblems with the black background and silver raised letters or silver background with gold lettering?
    Here are mine David,
    Cheers,

No signature

Comment

I don't care if I get the exact ones, but it sure was nice to learn that these are available from the dealer - and at prices cheaper than they're showing on ebay! LOL!

Comment

So what does TDCC stand for?
        '83 GS 1100T
        The Jet

sigpic
        '95 GSXR 750w
        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
          So what does TDCC stand for?
          Twin Dome Combustion Chamber

Comment

Trevor, your bike is spotlessly beautiful, don't you ever ride it?

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post
              Twin Dome Combustion Chamber
              Never seen TDCC before. Sure that's not a typo?
              Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by retcol View Post
                He rides the hell out of that thing. I think he's just that OCD and can't let it sit dirty. Lol
                '83 GS 1100T
                The Jet

sigpic
                '95 GSXR 750w
                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by retcol View Post
                  Lol...thanks retcol...like Spyder says, I ride the hell out of it! 20000kms in the last year. It just hit 50000kms last week.
                  Syder might also be right about the ocd thingy. I enjoy cleaning it almost as much as riding it.
                  No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                    Never seen TDCC before. Sure that's not a typo?
                    Hi Ed,

At the risk of totally booting this thread sideways (apologies, Spyder):

Flyboy asked the same question over in this thread

Pretty much the same pictures there as above in post#15.

As I said, as far as I have been able to find out, the black TDCC emblems are specific to the 83 650G and GL. I think the 650GT (Euro model) had the same.

Although the inability to find one as a replacement part certainly had me doubting their validity, mine, GSJim's 650GD, Skateguy50's old 650GLD, and a newer member on here (Wingsconsin) who just posted a video of his GLD, all have the same TDCC emblem.

Pretty convinced it's not a typo, but just an oddity exclusive to the '83 650s
                    Last edited by BigD_83; 05-08-2013, 01:40 AM.
                    '83 GS650G
                    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

OK here's the break down of the TSCC and TDCC .TSCC is Twin Swirl Combustion Chamber,TDCC is Twin Dome Combustion Chamber.As far as I know only the 81-3 650's had TDCC.

Comment

The twin dome design is not exclusive to the GS650. During my search I found that Suzuki used the same design in other bikes, but the badges are not found on GSes apart from the 83 GS650.
                        '83 GS650G
                        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

That is very interesting. I like learning new oddities about the history of these machines... Thanks for sharing, and good luck on your quest for new ones...
                          '83 GS 1100T
                          The Jet

sigpic
                          '95 GSXR 750w
                          The Rocket

Comment

Working...
                          X