Make your own speedo/gauge face plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make your own speedo/gauge face plates

Was looking into speedo calibration and ran across this website. Thought someone else might be interested.
    Enclosed is the step-by-step modification to correct the KLR650 speedometer error. It is well known the KLR650 over represents the true ground speed of...

that seems like an awful lot of time and effort to me, just to correct a few MPH discrepency. especially as the laws (in the UK anyway) state that a speedo only has to be accurate within +/- 10% above 60MPH. so speed cameras etc, always allow for this discrepency.
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

hahhahhaha wow.

I'd just Ride It!!!

Comment

That seems like a LOT of effort for a marginal correction.

I've been making my own face plates for a long time. I had this one on my CX500

I have my wife cut them out of vinyl using her Cricut and I stick them to 1/16" lexan. You paint the back side of the lexan in white, yellow, orange, whatever, and it it shines through great.

Comment

Agemax: Agreed about the calibration.

makenzie71: very amusing. hadn't seen that before.

I mostly posted it for the part about having decals made at Kinkos.

Comment

Originally posted by makenzie71 View Post
            That seems like a LOT of effort for a marginal correction.

I've been making my own face plates for a long time. I had this one on my CX500

I have my wife cut them out of vinyl using her Cricut and I stick them to 1/16" lexan. You paint the back side of the lexan in white, yellow, orange, whatever, and it it shines through great.
            that looks like too much fun! nice.
            Rob
            1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
            Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Working...
            X