It's finally done.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's finally done.

Before pic, only the upgraded swing arm and fork are installed at this time.
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

End product.

After pic...first ride is this weekend to shake down any bugs.
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

One more pic.
      2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

Bike

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
        One more pic.

Looks great.

Comment

The forks and carbs don't quite match, but the rest of it looks GREAT.

Just to be sure my monitor is not playing tricks on me, what is that color called?
          It looks somewhat "peachy", not quite "coral".

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

flamingo orange

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              The forks and carbs don't quite match, but the rest of it looks GREAT.

Just to be sure my monitor is not playing tricks on me, what is that color called?
              It looks somewhat "peachy", not quite "coral".

The carbs are high heat VHT orange paint. The forks are powdered coated and the body paint is the Jeep orange crush there abouts. I wanted some contrast in colors, not extreme though to my liken. Out in the sun light the paint really pops.
              2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

That's beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Ed
                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Very nice job!

Comment

That is a sweet looking ride. Great job.

Comment

Nice work. Did you hand stripe the tank and covers? Or is that tape?

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post
                        Nice work. Did you hand stripe the tank and covers? Or is that tape?
                        Girlfriend did the pin stripping and it is tape.
                        2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

Looks terrific! However, a bike that orange really needs a nickname. How about The Screwdriver?

(Ignore me, I'm horrible at names.)
                          Charles
                          --
                          1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Very, very nice!!! I am usually a fan of original paint and colors. However, you did a great job and I think the color really works!!

Cream-cycle.........you remember!

Comment

LOVE IT!! Orange RULES!!

1979 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                              X