tank ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tank ideas

need ideas/input on a tank for a 83 450e, i am looking at 750e tanks, since the 450e is impossible to find. does anyone know if it will fit?

I don't know what tank will fit your bike, but I would start by taking some measurments. I know from trying a 1100g tank on my 650g that many tanks will mount up to the front rubber cushions but It's the rear mount and length that are challanging. You can make adaptor plates or weld on a new mount , but there is the seat to contend with. This is a 82 650g tank. 450e tanks are popular with cafe builders and it may be one reason your having a hard time finding one. I've found with e-bay if you wait long enough you can find most anything for the price and condition you want. I would check out smaller bike like 450l, 450t's or 550. I'm sure you want to get on the road but if you find one that will fir for the short term until you can find a proper 450e gem. I have an extra 450e seat and the trim that goes under the seat if you have the need. Good luck

Charlie G

sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Thanks for the input Charlie, ive messaged a member on a older model e tank, not exactly right but would work, if not its a shallowed l tank bobber on the way

Comment

the only place iv found a tank for my 81 850gl is http://cyclesalvage.com/ you will have to call them. there web site is junk. there the only place that had a cdi box for my 750e also.

Comment

thanks for the link, they actually had one for 200 with cap and 65 each for the side panels im missing, Im picking up a L model tank for 40 tomorrow, if it dont look close enough to right ill have to drop the cash on the E tank

Comment

Originally posted by skinnyjoe View Post
            thanks for the link, they actually had one for 200 with cap and 65 each for the side panels im missing, Im picking up a L model tank for 40 tomorrow, if it dont look close enough to right ill have to drop the cash on the E tank
            If the tank is in realy good shape it would be a fair price. The covers seem on the high side, but if they are in great in might be ok. A good quality paint job costs a fair bit. My 2 cents.

cg
            sigpic
            83 GS1100g
            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Working...
            X