Rifle Fairing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rifle Fairing

Well, I haven't had this on my bike for a few years. It was black like the bike back then. So, paint to match and installed for the cool mornings up North.

Looks great! (I have never seen a rifle fairing on a GS.)

1979 GS1000

Comment

Looks good. REAL good! Great choice, IMO. Minimalist yet functional and attractive. Now I know what I've got to start searching for my 1100G.
      Willie
      Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
      '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
      '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
      '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

Originally posted by willie View Post
        Looks good. REAL good! Great choice, IMO. Minimalist yet functional and attractive. Now I know what I've got to start searching for my 1100G.
        Willie
        Likewise!! I want one too

Comment

I've got one!

It's a Rifle Superbike. It was on my 1978 GS 750, and now it's on my 1979 GS 1000. It's nice and light, yet gives plenty of coverage on the highway. Makes these GSes great sport tourers.
          1979 GS 1000

Comment

This is nuts timing on this post LOL I just picked up a 15" clear rifle superbike windshield Item # 0.012.0001, headlight cover and dash panel was going to try to put it on my GS1000C but now I see I am missing a BIG part of things so what I have may go up for sale

Comment

Here's some help locating Rifle stuff.

Comment

My son has one of those fairings on his 78 GS550, good quality and fit. They look good to .
                Dennis.
                My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

Thanks for the link. I guess I really shouldn't be as surprised as I am with the price. Everything else has, at least, doubled since the late 70's. Guess its only to be expected that fairings would as well. Still, sure looks nice.
                  Willie
                  Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
                  '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
                  '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
                  '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

New camera.

Last edited by Guest; 08-25-2013, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Looks good. I'm thinking about a Rifle for my GS650G. It's a bit pricey but will look much better than the Slipstreamer SR90 I just junked.

Jim
                      1981 GS550T (Long gone)
                      1983 GS650G (Rolling rebuild is now a full rebuild.)

Comment

anyone have one on a gs850? That looks nice!!

Comment

I bought mine on e-bay used for about $60.00 I think. Rifle still stocks all the parts for them. I replaced the screen a few years back. I also made lower struts from 3/8 stainless steel tubing to stiffen it up a bit. They run from the bottom lip of the fairing and attach to the forks where the reflectors mount. It also breaks down nicely for painting, the dash and light insert come off leaving just the outside shell to color match if you like.

Comment

Working...
                          X