GS1100E Headlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100E Headlight

Does anyone have any experience with these headlights?

This is on fleabay and is meant to be a replacement for the original train headlight. The back cover is not black but could it be swapped with an original?

cheers

Current Bikes.... 81,1230Kat, 86,GSXR1100, 86,RG500,
    The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

can't believe the Chinese can't get the hole in the center...WTF
    the auction says 7" so i would get confirmation that the lens is 8" for sure.
    7" are a dime a dozen.

Comment

Its a direct replacement if you want to go from the stock 8" that came on a 1983/1983 1100E to a 7".
      sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

well i'd pass and get a factory 7" and and a spacer on each side.
        the light posted is -10 quality.

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
          well i'd pass and get a factory 7" and and a spacer on each side.
          the light posted is -10 quality.
          Yep seems that way.

Question... will a USA (right hand side of the road) head light work in NZ were we drive (left hand side of the road) ?

I have a mate the brought a USA 916 and the dimed headlight shown the wrong side and he had to replace both head lights.

I can only assume the nips were not on to this 30yrs ago and all the headlights are the same?
          Current Bikes.... 81,1230Kat, 86,GSXR1100, 86,RG500,
          The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

Comment

Unless I misunderstand what you are saying, your mates lights were messed up, period. They should light up the lane that the vehicle is in, not the other one, regardless of what side of the road the vehicle is driving on. Were the bulbs in vertically maybe?
            :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
            Past:73' CL360, 74' CB450, 80' GS550,
            83' CB550SC, 78' CX500, 81' GL1100,
            85' GL1200LTD, 85' Honda Rebel
            84' GS1150, 92' GSX 1100G
            Current:
            80' GS1100E,,
            81 Yamaha XS1100,
            01' Bandit 1200
            sigpic

Comment

Actually there is a difference. R/h drive vehicles have different lenses than a L/H drive vehicle. Whenever a R/H drive is imported into a L/H drive market then the headlights have to be changed because of the light beam blinding the oncoming traffic. Same for a L/H market going to a R/H market.
              1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, VM33 Smoothbores, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head
              1983 Gs1100ESD, rebuild finished! Body paintwork happening winter 2017

I would rather trust my bike to a technician that reads the service manual than some backyardigan that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix things.

Comment

Working...
              X