Must be Jea"L"ous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must be Jea"L"ous

I don't get it. The L's are gorgeous bikes. I like all the GS's, I would have bought any of the larger ones. I'm glad I found an L for my resto, though. It will stay an L.

1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
    1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

I don't get it either but then a lot of people love sport bikes and they hold no appeal to me.

Comment

I really enjoy riding my L.

I have nothing against a G or E. GS's are great bikes.

To each his own.

Comment

I like the L bike I have well enough, but the handlebars were downright painful to use. I've never ridden a non-L bike.
        I have a lot of things I want to change about the bike: the gas tank is too small, there is only 1 front brake, the handlebars (done), the seat is too short in the stepdown (I need more leg room), and I think that's about it.
        I wonder if those are things that are specific to L models or not. I love the low center of gravity and the semi-cruiser feel combined with the potential for riding hard.

Comment

A little "L" Love!

Out of my two Suzuki GS bikes, The '82 850 L is the most comfortable by far!

Once you see that my other GS is a 2000 Katana you'll see how loaded that statement is.

These are the only GSs I've ever owned so I can't speak for any other configurations.

I do not like the small capacity tank. And I had to make severe adjustments to the handle bars to make them comfortable. But, I did not replace them. I just pulled them down as far as I could, then adjusted the control pods and pulled them down a bit farther. I also ditched the skinny grips for a set of Kuryakyn ISO Grips and Throttle Boss. I have mild arthritis and need thick grips and leverage on the throttle. I've had to do the same type mods to every '80s era bike I have ever owned. My Yamaha Maxim needed some love from a Dremel tool to let me get the odd bars configured correctly for me.

I also replaced the stock saddle with a Saddlemen Double Bucket and added highway pegs. I'm not a tall guy so the shorter seat and mid controls work well for me in town riding and the highway pegs let me stretch out for the long haul.

All in all I'd say my L is a nice ride.

Here's a crappy phone pic. I'd taken the trunk off to set a bucket of lead on the rack to let me pull the front wheel.

Vetter fairing and KG baggage kit are my add ons.
          Last edited by Guest; 08-28-2013, 07:06 PM. Reason: Dyslexia

Comment

Working...
          X