that small back tire????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that small back tire????

Can anybody tell me what i9s the widest tire i can put on my 1978 gs 1000??i would like to put somthing extreamly wide on but then i would have to modify the rear frame, wich is also an option, .Any ideas ??????

With what rim?

Mark

Comment

prefribly with the rim that came on the bike , spoke rim,it has a (130/90-18) on it now, but if i have to get a different one then i will.I would like to give my baby the drag bike look, but not too excessive, it is my casual cruiser.Any suggestions??

Comment

130/90-18 tire is on it now

Comment

keep that size you can't relly go wider. keep in mind these bikes where not designed to wear wide shoes. the wider tire you put on these bike (saying that one would fit) actuacly slows down the turning and leaning ablities of the bike. thats what i heard anyway. i am going to to stick to a 130 for my 1k once i get it running.

-ryan
          78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
          82 Kat 1000 Project
          05 CRF450x
          10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

I have a 130/90 now, stock cast wheel. It looks like a 140 would fit before the chain would start rubbing the tire, if you can find a 140. You would'nt gain much though. I think the 130 is about the widest tire you can safely use on these rims. The original tire is 4.50". A 130 mm is taking you up to about 5.12"
            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
            X