1st Gen 750 tail/rear cowl removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Gen 750 tail/rear cowl removal

I want to remove the tail piece from my bike for stripping and paint, but I can't seem to find where the mounting points are.

I can see a couple of pop rivets, but it seems unlikely that Suzuki would make the owner drill out rivets just to remove the tail piece.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

A search didn't turn up anything, but I may have used the wrong terminology.

Originally posted by MadCapsule View Post
    I want to remove the tail piece from my bike for stripping and paint, but I can't seem to find where the mounting points are.

I can see a couple of pop rivets, but it seems unlikely that Suzuki would make the owner drill out rivets just to remove the tail piece.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

A search didn't turn up anything, but I may have used the wrong terminology.

There should be three bolts (Nos 16, 17, 18) mounted under the rear mudguard. If there's rivets its been bodged in the past.

Comment

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

Comment

Three 10MM nuts up under the fender in the very back corners and 1 in front of them..in a triangle pattern. Use a 1/4 inch socket and a 2 or 3 inch extention so you can get low enough to have some working room with the ratchet.
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

That worked. Thank you both.

Comment

Working...
          X