Vettar Headlight Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vettar Headlight Removal

Last night I went to remove the headlight on my bike and realized that it's an aftermarket Vettar (Vetter?) unit, not the OEM one. It has a plastic bezel that looks to have slots for pry removal, but it didn't budge. I noticed on the bottom of the bezel there's a spring-loaded tab which I depressed and tried prying again, to no avail. I really can't afford to break this. Anyone have advise on how to remove it? Thanks.

(For the record, I do not have a factory assembly as pictured below. Although I wish I did.)

It's Vetter

What model Windjammer do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by 850GT_Rider View Post
      It's Vetter

What model Windjammer do you have?
      Isn't Windjammer a faring? I only have a headlight assembly, no fairing. I'll look for a model # when I get home tonight.

Comment

No tools needed.

Press in on that tab, rotate the chrome bezel just a bit, I think it's counter-clockwise, then pull it forward.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Rouge
          Working on your post count Steve?
          No more than you are.

It's possible that my headlight was a different vintage, it required no tools.

If I remember, I will go out to the shed this evening and verify.

sigpic
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            No tools needed.

Press in on that tab, rotate the chrome bezel just a bit, I think it's counter-clockwise, then pull it forward.

BINGO!!! Glad I didn't pry with the screwdriver anymore than I did. Thank you. Now, about that valve shim spreadsheet...

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Rouge
              Working on your post count Steve?
              Is that all we (new guys) are to you, a notch on your post count?

Comment

On a headlight related note, I discovered that I have a sealed beam headlight. I am not pleased with the light output/pattern. After using the search tool () I am under the impression that I can buy a bosch or hella reflector that will fit in place of the 7" sealed beam and utilize a H4 bulb. Please confirm. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by gbrown View Post
                  On a headlight related note, I discovered that I have a sealed beam headlight. I am not pleased with the light output/pattern. After using the search tool () I am under the impression that I can buy a bosch or hella reflector that will fit in place of the 7" sealed beam and utilize a H4 bulb. Please confirm. Thanks.
                  Confirmed.

You need one? I have two OEM Stanley lights that I have removed so I could upgrade.

sigpic
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride

Comment

Working...
                  X