1000E paint design….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
    Tribal two tone in black and red, accented with silver would look killer.
    I like it!
    Last edited by tkent02; 05-11-2014, 01:54 AM.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Pick one, Zulus will do.

Something like this.

Minus the fancy shmancy stuff in the red.

Comment

Pick one, Zulus will do.

Something like this.

Minus the fancy shmancy stuff in the red.
        Hmmmmm, maybe reverse it.. Like larry did on his killer 400, use black around the edges to make the fender appear smaller.

Good idea!

That's way too complicated for my simple abilities, but red up the middle, silver stripe and black on the ends and sides would make the fender appear small. I like it!

Comment

Masking and striping is fun and easy for me.
          That's way too complicated for my simple abilities
          I'm confused.

Yeah, reverse it, the idea is just to split the two tone with a tribal design type line, beats a boring straight one.

Comment

I'm confused.

Yeah, reverse it, the idea is just to split the two tone with a tribal design type line, beats a boring straight one.
            Again, I'm a technician, not an artist. Cool looking swoopy stuff isn't going to happen. Lines and stripes, even complicated ones I can do.

May be I need to get my daughter to help me lay it out, she's an excellent artist, but it would have teddy bears and puppies and sh:t all over the place.

Comment

Straight lines and a curve or two.

Comment

Call me crazy but I like the common stock GS scheme with a solid color and some pinstriping. Bonus is it's easy to apply. I'm doing similar on my current project. Multicolor paint jobs are a LOT of work (as you know). Screw that.
                Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I always like this CBX scheme

1978 GS1000C
                  1979 GS1000E
                  1980 GS1000E
                  2004 Roadstar

Comment

The design of the colors is often what makes or breaks a bikes looks in my opinion.

With that body style there is a symmetry from tank to side plates by design. I would capitalize on that.

I like the bikes that have a flow from the tank to side plates to tailpiece. If there is not a flow there should at least be a theme that ties the side plates back in (like the red bike later in the thread)

I didn't like the styling or color of picture 1,
                    I liked picture number two but would have turned the tank stripe down at the end to contour with the side plate.
                    Picture number three was my favorite although I felt it needed a dark pin stripe between the colors.
                    82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                    80 gs1000s

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                      Call me crazy but I like the common stock GS scheme with a solid color and some pinstriping. Bonus is it's easy to apply. I'm doing similar on my current project. Multicolor paint jobs are a LOT of work (as you know). Screw that.

Black paint with gold pin stripe for me. Classic understated style.
                      sigpic
                      83 GS1100g
                      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                        Black paint with gold pin stripe for me. Classic understated style.
                        Way too much effort goes into it to end up with something I could have just bought. Something different…..

Comment

Personally, I love the black with red and orange pinstripes that were popular on sporty bikes in the early eighties. Yamaha used it on their 750 Seca, Honda used it on their CB750 and 900 Supersports, Suzuki used it on some of the GS-E models, and Kawasaki used it on the later KZ550/700/750 models.

To me, it screams, "I love the eighties! Now hand me that eight-ball and get the Hell out of my way!"

sigpic

SUZUKI:
                          1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
                          HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
                          KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
                          YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Maybe something simple like an R5, but in black and red. Include a stripe down the senter of the front fender and tail.

That red white and black 650 G does look good though.
                            sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                              1983 GS 750

Comment

I kept mine simple, black with some silver accents.
                                '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Working...
                                X