Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do any of you have a picture of a bike with this colour red?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do any of you have a picture of a bike with this colour red?

I imagine this is faded but would like to know for sure. Is it the same beautiful red as found on the GS1100 E models? Is it just the camera?

Judging by the amount of fade on the mirrors and the turn signal lenses, I would say that paint has faded down from what was once a brilliant red.
    Nothing a good wet sand and polish won't restore.

Comment

Pink is beautiful too.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

looks nothing like the red on my 80 Gs1100 even faded like it is

Comment

Comment

Looks like a Canadian model judging by the decals.

Do this................. Go to Google...................Select Images...........Enter Canadian GS1150

Will result in a hand full of examples of the red and grey versions of this paint scheme.

I use Google and Bing images as much as the web now. Much easier to search pics than webpages

Comment

Good Chance that GS 1150 is 'redder' than the photo shows. I am thinking there is color shift. Fading? Probably some, however, with all of the angles and such would think it would not fade so uniformly.

When I have taken pics of my GS 1100's , often when taken indoors with room lights on, Big Red or Grand Rouge looked rather orange! Yikes.

Jeep, is the 1150 on your purchase list?

Thumbs up too re selecting "IMAGES" when signed in to your favorite search engine. Startpage.com works for me.

Comment

Not mine, just a google image result.

Comment

I always thought my bike was RED, but I'm colorblind and I've had more than one person describe it almost as an orange.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Rouge View Post
                    Good Chance that GS 1150 is 'redder' than the photo shows. I am thinking there is color shift. Fading? Probably some, however, with all of the angles and such would think it would not fade so uniformly.
                    Judging by the fuel cans on the ground, that bike has seen a LOT of sun. One is very sunbleached and the other looks to be a typical red.

I do agree that it looks too uniform to be JUST sun faded, but the red in those fuel cans makes me think there isn't much colour shift. Could be a flash was used, and that could wash out the red in the centre and not the edges, but I don't see any hot spots...the chin spoiler has a little more fade to it. What does the other side look like?

Worth having a look if it's nearby, Jeep.
                    '83 GS650G
                    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Rouge View Post
                      Judging by the fuel cans on the ground, that bike has seen a LOT of sun. One is very sunbleached and the other looks to be a typical red.

I do agree that it looks too uniform to be JUST sun faded, but the red in those fuel cans makes me think there isn't much colour shift. Could be a flash was used, and that could wash out the red in the centre and not the edges, and there are a couple of hot spots...the chin spoiler has a little more fade to it. What does the other side look like?

Worth having a look if it's nearby, Jeep.
                      '83 GS650G
                      '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Shades of red

I had one that colour scheme in Australia (brand New 1983 or 4 from memory) The photo looks fairly close in my eyes, it wasn`t a bright red more a deeper shade than some of the colours you had over there.
                        Beamer12

Comment

Working...
                        X