Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What other fenders will fit 41mm GK forks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What other fenders will fit 41mm GK forks?

I am really tired of the "full figured" touring style front fender on my '82 GK.
    I'd like to get something like the painted fender that was on the 850 or 1000G's
    Did the 1100G's also have the 41mm forks?
    I definetly do not want a chrome fender, or one to rounded. So, L fenders are out!
    Any helpful suggestions/advice?

But, I am going to continue to run the 110/90 tire on the 2.15 rim. So, whatever I do has to fit over that combo.

Comment

Any other fender that might fit would look just like that one.

The 850G, 1000G and 1100G fenders looked pretty much identical, but were slightly narrower, due to the fork tubes being a little closer together.

I think the 1100GK was the only GS with 41mm forks.

I find it interesting that you find the fender to be "full-figured", but have no objection to the fairing or saddlebags.

Other than the fact that it's brown, what's wrong with the fender?

And, ... switch to a 100 front tire, your bike will lose some of its "full-figured" handling.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I have an 850 fender that I like a lot more. It's a lot trimmer. But, it's just too narrow to fit well on tbe forks & over the 110 tire. If I change to a 100/90-19, I would lose some contact patch I think this heavy bike needs. Maybe, I'm wrong. Idk?

Comment

Originally posted by LarryJ View Post
          If I change to a 100/90-19, I would lose some contact patch I think this heavy bike needs. Maybe, I'm wrong. Idk?
          Because you have a 2.15 wheel, it might be a toss-up.

Too many times, guys will be thinking in car terms and want to put on the widest tire that will fit. Well, because motorcycle rims are so narrow (usually) and the tires have a relatively high aspect ratio, if you simply put on a wider tire, the narrow wheel will pull the beads together and pinch the tread into a tighter radius. That tighter radius will actually give you LESS contact patch on the road.

Not sure if your 2.15 wheel eases that radius enough, but we definitely don't recommend anything more than a 100 tire on a 1.85 wheel.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
          X