Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000g Seat Interchangeability

Hello,

I did some site searching, but cannot find a definitive answer to this.

I have a GS1000g that I am fixing up and need to acquire a new set for it. Someone grafted one of the GL model seats to it and that's got to go. I know that the GS850 and GS1000g seats are interchangeable, but are there any other GS1000 Models which will interchange with the Shaft Drive model (G)? Or are the seat pans completely different.

Regards, Joe

I don't have a complete seat, but I do have a pan.

Not quite "showroom perfect", but certainly very good.

It has a couple spots of surface rust, but no holes, and is VERY solid.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks for the offer. At the moment I may have a line on a complete seat, so I'll hold off for now. Was just curious if models other than the GS850 were cross compatible, but It seems not.

Cheers, Joe

Comment

Suzuki was real good at changing a part number if the stitching pattern on the seat changed. The part number cross-reference shows that the 850G and 1000G were the only two bikes that shared the part number for the entire seat assembly. Whether the seat PAN was the same as other bikes, we won't know, unless somebody actually tries one.

An example of this: I am looking for a seat pan for a '79 550E. Cross-reference chart says " '79 and '80 550E", but a member said that the pan from the '76-'78 will also fit. My guess is that the stitching is different or the passenger strap is different, which is why the different part number.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
        X