Saddleman Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saddleman Seat

So I have an old saddleman seat that was in an accident. It is torn on one side, but not too bad. There are a few other cracks and tears at the seams, but it is still a very good seat. I was wondering if anyone knew where I can get an original cover for it to replace the torn one.

The pan says it is for 81-82 gs750 and gs1000. I was unaware they are the same seat, but I doubt that has any bearing on finding a replacement cover.

Saddleman does list a replacement part number. { click on Suzuki } Looks like the suggested list is either $90 or $108. You just need one of their dealers to order for you.....
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Comment

Thank you, but that is for a stock replacement cover. My seat is very different from stock. It actually looks more like a solo seat.

GS before repairs.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by 78550GS View Post
        Thank you, but that is for a stock replacement cover. My seat is very different from stock. It actually looks more like a solo seat.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36870[/ATTACH]
        Other than the "Saddlemen seat" comment, that is the first that we have heard that it might not be 'stock'.

And, ... that seat in the picture does not look like anything that Saddlemen offered.
        I think someone has take a Saddlemen cover and re-done it.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Sorry to bring up the aftermarket issue after the fact. The seat pan has a saddlemen label on it. I will get a couple pics and put them up here. It may just be a saddlemen pan.

Comment

Saddles used to make "touring bucket" style seats for many bikes. I had one on my '77 Yam XS750. Yours is probably in that category. The do not sell replacement covers for them. They will recover it, for a charge, but you'd probably be faster & cheaper if you went local.

Comment

Well, I'm a dumbass. Took a look last night since I have been working on other projects, and found the reason I can't figure this out.

It is a Mustang seat. Part number 3-711E for 80-81 GS1000E or 80-82 GS750E. So the search starts all over...

Comment

Have you tried e-mailing Saddleman and asking if they have a replacement cover ? I suspect the most economic solution though is to have a local maker recover the seat. Maybe someone could recommend a maker in your area....
                Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by 78550GS View Post
                  It is a Mustang seat. Part number 3-711E for 80-81 GS1000E or 80-82 GS750E. So the search starts all over...
                  I checked with mustang, and they do not recover discontinued seats.

Comment

Working...
                  X