New side covers reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New side covers reviews

Hey all, i need some new side covers for my 83 e. i have found them for sale, buke bandit, partwaeh anouse (?)and csmnl. Looks to be about $150-200 for the pair with the new rubber grommets. Does anyone have any experience with these parts? I see broekn tab side covers on ebay for $40-$100 bucks. Not sure if that is fair pricing. I need them and hate to penny pinch after the money i have spent to date. Just want to make sure the parts are legit....

Do they come painted? I suspect not.

I have no experience with "new" covers, though I have an extensive collection of used - nine and rising. A couple of notes:

Aside from the paint, '82 and '83 covers are identical.

One of our members recently pointed out what I believe to be the source of the troubles: the rider's weight on the seat puts pressure on the side cover tabs.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I bought a new pair for my 83 750E a couple of years ago. They arrived unpainted { black plastic } and I used them a bit until I found a pair that matched my paint scheme. Nothing wrong with them, they just need to be painted.
      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
        I bought a new pair for my 83 750E a couple of years ago. They arrived unpainted { black plastic } and I used them a bit until I found a pair that matched my paint scheme. Nothing wrong with them, they just need to be painted.
        do you remember where you got them? paint is not an issue, i am painting the bike.

Comment

Dont buy from Bike Bandit...BANDIT means just what it says as for thier prices!!!!
          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario View Post
            do you remember where you got them? paint is not an issue, i am painting the bike.
            Yeah.. From my local Suzuki dealership. It was before I was a forum member and learned how and where to shop.....
            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
            1983 GS 750

Comment

Also, on Cliffs little website there is a section with lists of parts suppliers..some may or may not still be valid as times change things but its a good place for lots of options.
              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                Also, on Cliffs little website there is a section with lists of parts suppliers..some may or may not still be valid as times change things but its a good place for lots of options.
                Isn't Boulevard { or whatever it's called now } somewhere in his neighborhood Chuck ?
                1983 GS 750

Comment

A dont know right where Cliff lives, but Deland is out in Florida. We do have a member that just 10 miles or so from them but I cant recall his name right this second.

Comment

Think its Nickl ( Jeff is his real name ) and its something like Lake Mary Florida area.

Comment

A dont know right where Cliff lives, but Deland is out in Florida. We do have a member that just 10 miles or so from them but I cant recall his name right this second.
                      Sorry Chuck. I meant the OP. I was thinking he could just phone and drive over if they had what he needed....
                      1983 GS 750

Comment

OHHH. I dont know how far Orlando is from the Lake Mary area. Guess the guy could mapquest the exact addy for Deland. If hes close enough and has a list of things to get he could probably save a lot on shipping. Call the order in and have them call when its pick up time and go get them himself.

Jeff is in a very excellent place to do it for his needs..lucky SOB. LOL

Comment

49 miles from Orlando to Lake Mary according to Mapquest.

Comment

49 miles from Orlando to Lake Mary according to Mapquest.
                            Just a little reason to get out for the Riding Game. I'd sure like to be somewhere other than here today...new shocks are on, and it's pouring rain. No way I'm going out to test them with the amount of wet leaves we have on the road right now.
                            '83 GS650G
                            '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                              Just a little reason to get out for the Riding Game. I'd sure like to be somewhere other than here today...new shocks are on, and it's pouring rain. No way I'm going out to test them with the amount of wet leaves we have on the road right now.
                              That's the nice thing about BC wait ten minutes and Voila ! Blue sky ! Won't help with the leaves though.....
                              1983 GS 750

Comment

Working...
                              X