1984 GS1150ES cosmetic overhaul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1984 GS1150ES cosmetic overhaul

No pics until it is done, but this week, I am having the 1150 wrapped in my own take on the classic ES paint scheme. Rather than red or blue, the main color will be a deep matte green, and in place of the white will be a pearl white. The seat is going to the upholsterer, and the wheels, including the 3.5 I just purchased, will be powder coated in a satin black. As far as I know, the only place to get a new windscreen is Gustafsson, so I will be ordering one of those to replace the cracked stocker, too. I'm mounting new Shinkos on the wheels. Should look like a nearly new bike, especially if I get a few odds and ends powder coated as well.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
    No pics until it is done, but...
    Pics! We must see lots and lots of pics!
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

ZeroGravity in Ca. has a huge assortment of shields.
      Don't know about a price comparison with Gustafsson.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Fantastic, Steve! Thanks. $30 cheaper and pre-drilled!
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Nice, I look forward to pictures. Are you going with the '84 or '85 paint scheme?
          I have a Gustafsson +2" screen on mine, and drilling it was a stressful test of patience.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
            No pics until it is done, but this week, I am having the 1150 wrapped in my own take on the classic ES paint scheme. Rather than red or blue, the main color will be a deep matte green, and in place of the white will be a pearl white. The seat is going to the upholsterer, and the wheels, including the 3.5 I just purchased, will be powder coated in a satin black. As far as I know, the only place to get a new windscreen is Gustafsson, so I will be ordering one of those to replace the cracked stocker, too. I'm mounting new Shinkos on the wheels. Should look like a nearly new bike, especially if I get a few odds and ends powder coated as well.
            it's me again...lol
            i think i have a nice smoked one...i would need to check :0

Comment

As ever, my friend, please do!
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                Nice, I look forward to pictures. Are you going with the '84 or '85 paint scheme?
                I have a Gustafsson +2" screen on mine, and drilling it was a stressful test of patience.
                '85 is the plan.
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

Coolness....
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I'm pretty stoked. The motor build will wait a while, and the bike runs damned well anyway. I'm going to set up the RS36s and degree the cams just to get the carbs into use, and I'll install the Pingel petcock; for now, those will be the only new power mods. Next year, onward with the big bore ....
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

hmmm
                      if you go green and white factory 85ES paint scheme....
                      i think a green wind screen may look really good..
                      i'll look but i wouldn't think my smoked screen would be nice enough to go with new paint/wrap.

Comment

I'd fear the green might not harmonize with the paint.
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

i had a ZX7 years ago...green/white with the green windshield....plus those big chrome pipes through the tank..kinda cool.
                          thought i'd mention it...a little photo shopping may be your friend

Comment

It'll be pretty much exactly the same pattern as the stock '85, but in the green and pearl, with the black dividing line done in carbon along with the "Suzuki" script.
                            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

any thoughts on the Canadian(European) ES paint schemes?
                              i have seen a couple that's pretty cool .

Comment

Working...
                              X