Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two days of cleaning and polishing...

OCD?? Maybe...lol
    Yesterday I washed my 3 GSs then today started polishing and detailing...got the two lunch bucket bikes done and will do the 83 1100 tomorrow. I'm particularly happy with how my 81 1100 is starting to look.

Last edited by trevor; 01-04-2015, 03:39 AM.
    No signature

Beautiful bikes, well done! One of my new year's resolutions is to polish up the stator and clutch covers, as well as the forks and other items.

Going to take some time to get it to look as nice as yours!
    1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Hey trevor,
      how about a picture or two of the tools and chemicals used in the process.

Seems like no matter what I buy or try and the barrels of elbow grease I apply....I never get close to your results.

Comment

Looking good sir! I dig the fact that the 750 still wears its original dealer sticker.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Wow, looks super nice! I am with Notz, please share how you did it or is it an ancient Chinese secret?

Comment

Magpie!!!
            2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
            2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Thanks guys... I have the 83 1100 to detail today. I will post some pics of the products I use later today.
              Magpie Dave?? You should talk..
              No signature

Comment

Wow. Gorgeous!
                ----------------------------------------------------------------
                2014 BMW F800GSA | 1981 GS850GX | 1982 GS750T (now the son-in-laws) | 1983 GS750ES | 1983 Honda V45 Magna (needs some love) | 1980 Yamaha GT80 and LB80 "Chappy" | 1973 and 1975 Honda XL250 projects

Comment

2 DAYS??? Practicing for that Hardly-Ableson that you are planning on getting?

Comment

Mind blowing, thanks for sharing the photos.
                    Hondas
                    '73 ATC70 '85 XL125S '02 XR650L
                    Suzuki
                    '83 gs750t vin#551 '97 DR650
                    Kaw
                    '89 KLR650

sigpic

Comment

Amazing work on gorgeous bikes!
                      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Notz View Post
                        Hey trevor,
                        how about a picture or two of the tools and chemicals used in the process.

Seems like no matter what I buy or try and the barrels of elbow grease I apply....I never get close to your results.
                        Finished the 83 1100 today...it's not nearly in the condition of the lunch box bikes but boy is it fun to ride!...I will post the sh*t I use to clean the bikes in the next post.

No signature

Comment

This is for Notz...

This is the way I clean my bikes...I'm not real technically inclined so this is how I bond with my bikes..lol...It's also a great way to spot potential problems.

First ya gotta set the mood...This is what I listened to today...

My wash cart..also not shown but if cleaning indoors I have some high power spot lighting...

Next I have my comfortable stool that just broke a wheel today..really gotta lose some weight.

Good to have some help..lol...the Autosol pictured, I use on places like my brass gas cap and aluminum swing arm.

Some of the brushes I use...the wife knows not throw out old tooth brushes...I also like the "pipe cleaner" style brushes to get in between the engine fins..
                          The Novus is great for doing fairings, signal lights and tail light plastics.
                          The "bike Magic" is for exhaust blueing or staining..stinks like crazy!

Blue job is also good for blueing pipes but it's a powder and you have to use a damp cloth with it..
                          Blue magic I use on chrome...and the mothers of course does wonders on the rims...the more I use it the better the mags get. My 750 rims didn't always look as good as they do know and I'm looking forward to my 1100's rims getting there too...

Mothers Back to Black..Signal lights, plastic covers around my gauges etc..pretty good stuff.

The S100 corrosion protection I don't use often but if I know there will be the liquid salt out on the roads like they use here I will spray a little on the cases and exhaust and forks to help protect them. I originally bought this stuff to protect the cases and forks that np longer have clear coat.

The tirox chain cleaner works very nice too..

This Meguiares Ultimate compound..safe for clear coats..my first time using it and got very nice results...

And lastly Motul Perfect Seat...gives UV protection and has a non-slip formula..and it smells nice. lol

Well there you have it...hopefully this helps someone. I don't feel like I have a heck of a lot to contribute to a place that has so many knowledgeable people here so I'm happy to contribute something to the place that has helped me greatly.

Cheers,

No signature

Comment

I see you garage... And I feel a wave of envy overtake my body... I then realize you can ride all year round and I go into a primordial rage...

LOL J/K Bikes are looking fantastic!!!

Glad your putting Stator to work!

...Not keen on the music but that's ok it makes me feel better knowing those albums came out before I was born
                            Last edited by Jedz123; 01-05-2015, 01:13 AM.
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                            Originally posted by Hayabuser
                            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Looking good, can hardly tell you actually ride them.
                              Charles
                              --
                              1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Working...
                              X