Decal Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decal Question

On my 81GS1100E the orange tank decal on one side has a portion coming off, I assume decal is under clear coat or maybe not. I want to order new tank decals and place over old, or will it be a bear to remove old decal? The paint is in great condition and dont want to mess this up. Any comments appreciated.

Originally posted by alhntr View Post
    On my 81GS1100E the orange tank decal on one side has a portion coming off, I assume decal is under clear coat or maybe not. I want to order new tank decals and place over old, or will it be a bear to remove old decal? The paint is in great condition and dont want to mess this up. Any comments appreciated.
    If it's factory paint then the clear coat is over the decal. So therefore I think it would be a "bear" to remove. You can get the whole decal pkg for your bike from here..
    1981 GS1100E 10 Piece Complete Decal Set includes gas tank, tail, side cover & front fender decals.

Hope this helps,
    Trevor
    No signature

Comment

You just made me order a pkg for my 83 1100e...I have one for my 81 1100 from the po when I bought it. Pretty reasonable.
      No signature

Comment

Working...
      X