No announcement yet.

1980 GS450 Budget Paint Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it. And I dig the Neon Genesis Evangelion references. And the keychain looks like Kirito from Sword Art Online. I'd like to know where you got that lol.

Comment

Originally posted by shinjiikarii View Post
      Finished Product:

Pinstripe!

Final Product.

So for less than $100, did that. Is it perfect? Not even close, but I'm pretty happy with it.
      Looks great and I like the pinstripe on that color....(except for the rising sun, but that's just my opinion). It even looks better than the stock paint and makes the bike really stand out.
      Be careful of the clear coat type you might use otherwise it may wrinkle the base coat and you will be cursing!

Comment

looks good for painting on a budget. polish those cases, and you're golden.
        sigpic

Check out my rebuild thread here: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...GS-750-Rebuild

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowFocus603 View Post
          I like it. And I dig the Neon Genesis Evangelion references. And the keychain looks like Kirito from Sword Art Online. I'd like to know where you got that lol.
          Thanks guys, I truly appreciate the positive comments.

As to the anime references, well I'm a bit of an anime nerd so had to incorporate a couple of references in the project. That is indeed Kirito from Sword Art Online. Picked it up on Ebay here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Key-Chain-Sw...item2a4f47dc23

Plus my gf jokes that I kind of look like Kirito, so thought is was sort of humorous.....

Last edited by Guest; 05-25-2015, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecklund View Post
            I just really like that you went ahead and did it and it came out pretty good looking too.

There were quite a few videos on spray can paint jobs but the common thread seemed to be wet sanding the color coat, clearing and wet sanding and then using liquid polish to finish.

The more 'accomplished' can sprayers also advised patience to let coats completely dry in between.

Cool bike. Nice job.
            That's all are really looking nice, but I have a questions what kind of paint they are use. I use india ink-black liquid acrylic paint also use my favorite badger airbrush. I'm also do some kind of work like this
            here are some of my work..

Comment

Originally posted by debrartin View Post
              That's all are really looking nice, but I have a questions what kind of paint they are use. I use india ink-black liquid acrylic paint also use my favorite badger airbrush. I'm also do some kind of work like this
              here are some of my work..

Nice work!

Comment

Working...
              X