Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am looking for seats that match this one please. 1983 gs750T

Hi.

My seat looks like crap. It's mostly black duct tape from the p.o., and I would like to change that, however it's an odd year and nobody seems to carry it.
    It's a 1983 gs750T with the obnoxious little lock in the rear or the seat. Pictures below.

Who has one like this and knows what it really came on? Is it a left over part? I was told this was not the original seat, can someone confirm/deny that?
    If you have one that is the same. Let me know. That way I can order a cover until I can make something I like better.

Pictures

I can't put the original pictures here. They're huge.
    Here's direct links.

Thanks for any assistance you can throw my way.

My friend's 1100L seat looks a lot like that one down to the lock on the back.

Comment

That looks like the original stock seat. Remove the old cover and use this replacement in the link below. Not very hard to do and only $68. Check that your seat pan is not rusted beyond reusing and the foam is still mostly intact and in decent shape. You can buff off any rough edges or small chips in the foam with a sanding block. Do that slow and evenly.

TIP: Use a hair dryer to warm the new seat cover as you're stretching it on. May work better with someone helping you. Search helpful videos on youtube to help you get an idea of the process ahead of time.
      Last edited by Guest; 05-25-2015, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Trtsmb, what year. And they're out of stock for my year and make.

If I could verify this was in fact stock I can get pit to make them, but they're telling me because it is stitched not hest embossed then it isn't original.

Comment

If I recall, his 1100L is an '81. You can double check pictures of that seat at pit and see if it matches what you have.

Comment

the sixteen valve 1100L was only made in 80
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

This one is made for your year and model. I used one of theirs on my GS.

Comment

I know it's all 1100L and you're probably right about it being an '80. It's the maroon bike in my sig pic.

Comment

Spiffy. Thanks everyone. Didn't know of 2 of those sites. Ordered and praying lol.

Comment

Fi ally discard my seat. It was 30% sticky duct tape adhesive. Frakking gross.

What kind of glue did you all use. It suggests weather stripping cement. The type it suggests doesn't seem to exist. So regular Weather stripping adhesive from autozone?

Comment

Working...
                    X