Replacement tank for an '83 Suzuki GR650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement tank for an '83 Suzuki GR650

The GR650 comes with a tank that has a capacity of about 3 gallons. I'd like to replace it with something bigger. Anybody have ideas what other tank from other bikes would fit? Thanks!

FYI: I created an album that has photos of what I did to put a bigger tank on my GR650. Hopefully this links works...

Comment

Yep, the link works.

Do you have anything else supporting the weight of the front of the tank? I would think over time, that rubber might give out and drop the front end.

Looks good though! And thanks for documenting it!

Comment

Good point. I'll check and maybe put a bumper near the front underside of the tank to sit on the frame. Thanks!

Comment

Results look good, though; I had some reservations about the extended front bumpers too, but I see you've addressed that with the internal bumper that will sit on the frame tube. That will take a lot of the weight, and a full 22L tank is a heavy b'strd.
          ---- Dave
          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
          X