No announcement yet.

The Official GS Brat, Tracker, Scrambler thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A rear wheel could get something started too, I think...Give that a wiggle at swing-arm bushings..

.... there is a ton of info on the web
    example

all that red ink and highlighting!
    but the trouble is there is a ton of info on the web even long ago I had an yamaha 650 ... people swore plastic swingarm bushings were THE issue- I replaced em but it made no diff. Not to say, it wasn't their or an issue but it wasn't mine.

Comment

Figured I'd show y'all my little brat. She kinda has a crazy story how she ended up in my garage. 78 750e. And before anybody gets their panties in a wad, the original condition before the chopping was terrible. It was not in any condition to go original

she has a inner fender now keeping the junk out of the stacks. I was fabbing it when I took these pictures. Predictably though, the one piece I didn't personally weld (the taillight) failed while I was riding and the wires drug on the bike tire causing a short that compounded into a bit of a fire in the headlight bucket. I noticed in time, seems all the important bits are fine, just need to rewire the whole girl and reweld the taillight. Correctly this time. Bummer cuz I just got the jetting right.

Comment

Oh, I will be putting the other front caliper back on, as soon as I can find one that doesn't have one of the bleeder valves seized or broken off in it.

Comment

Looks good Chuck, I'm halfway through my 850 brat project.
          Care to share some info on the headlight?
          I'm looking for some of the finishing pieces now and headlight shopping is a miserable experience. So many on e bay, some at great prices but I fear buying one with good looks and crap performance.
          So what is that unit?
          How's it perform?

Comment

Well, that's one of the pieces I didn't purchase for it but installed it. It's awesome on high beam, terrible on low beam. I'm trying to figure out how to push more power through that bulb. Since I need to rewire the whole thing again, now is as good as time as any. I've just been driving with the high beam on. Here is a link to the same one I have. If you look at the other headlights these guys offer, I'm sure you'll find something.

Comment

I just finished this GS450T that I brought home in pieces on Easter Sunday. It's my first attempt at a build.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by smartin108 View Post
                I just finished this GS450T that I brought home in pieces on Easter Sunday. It's my first attempt at a build.
                Super clean and well done. You should share more pictures of it.
                It's sort of classy and aggressive at the same time. Thanks for not being a Craigslist hack!(flat black, flat black, flat black....grinder grinder, bedliner spray, hand sledge to the tank....on and on. Haha
                Love the color.
                I'd be proud of that bike.

Comment

That is pretty!

Comment

Very nice! I hope that MY 1st build turns out that nice!

Comment

Chuck, I really like it! You nailed the simplicity look!

Comment

Originally posted by BADJACKSON View Post
                        Chuck, I really like it! You nailed the simplicity look!
                        Thanks, man! That's exactly what I was going for. Now one of these days I'll get around to putting a proper paint job on her.

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon View Post
                          no I think he means the stock metal bracket under the original plastic fender was a fork brace of sorts. not a good fork brace, but better than a simple metal fender. I think those fork tubes move around a lot (independent of each other) without proper bracing.
                          I have one of those from an 1100 somewhere... yours for postage
                          1980 GS1000G - Sold
                          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Hey Dan, can you post a PIC of the 1100 fork "brace" please, I would like to do something different upfront, and I'd like to know what my options are.
                            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BADJACKSON View Post
                              Hey Dan, can you post a PIC of the 1100 fork "brace" please, I would like to do something different upfront, and I'd like to know what my options are.
                              Thanks
                              Just search "suzuki gs front fender bracket" on e bay. It's just a bracket that contours the fender and bolts together with the fender to the 4 fork mounts.
                              It's the sub fender so to speak.

Comment

Ton of the them on Google image search or Ebay such as this. My one is not that shiny... I don't use it even though I currently have the plastic fender mounted but then I have a Tarozzi brace above it.
                                1980 GS1000G - Sold
                                1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                                1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                                1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                                2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                                1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                                2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
                                X