Photobucket is very handy

And that's a very neat job!
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Heya guys! Glad to see this thread! Yeah here are some more pictures of a bike I just finished, very happy with it.

Some cell phone pics, including a photo of the bike before the crap ton of work haha

Comment

Wow! Those are some great pics!!!

You our already know I love the bike!

Comment

Great bikes everyone. Mine are nowhere near as clean. Quick question though. These bike without kickstart have no visible battery. Can someone enlighten me as to how this is working. Or where the battery is stashed.

My kicker 79 550 bobber wont kick over unless i have a battery in it. Or its cables are jumped to the 850 then itll start on 1st or 2nd kick.

Heres my 550 bobber before bars and lights. Ill post pics since im here. I know its not the criteria though.

Comment

Most Brat bikes have a battery and electrical tray under the seat. I have a lithium ion battery that can be mounted in any position.

Comment

Here's an in-progress pic of a monoshock conversion GS550 I'm putting together for my brother.

And here's a really bad pic of a GS550 I put together for my father in law.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

That is awesome! I wish mine was chain driven so I can do one single shock in the back :\
                  Originally posted by nerdsports View Post
                  Here's an in-progress pic of a monoshock conversion GS550 I'm putting together for my brother.

And here's a really bad pic of a GS550 I put together for my father in law.

Comment

Here's a pic of mine from a couple of days ago (and my car as well since I had to be followed, I managed to lose my bobber tail light somehow :\)

Comment

Love the bike , that's what I build also . Have a 1981 GS850G Rat Rod in the works and just finished a 81 Honda cx 500 .

Comment

Originally posted by smartin108 View Post
                        I just finished this GS450T that I brought home in pieces on Easter Sunday. It's my first attempt at a build.
                        Dude this bike is absolutely amazing.

Comment

Well guys, I sold mine... Not for as much as I wanted to, but I think it was the right choice since I didn't have who to ride with and she deserved to be finished fully... I did get another Suzuki though, a pretty rare atv, an 89 LT250S
                          In the bike department, my friend's dad passed on a cb550 to me (well 4 to be exact, but 2 are parts bikes, and one to his son, one to me). Completely stock. I'll probably tidy it up and do a GS550 like I really want to, when the time permits

Comment

Had the bike out for the 2nd time this year, it was fantastic, starting to get a feel for it. Probably wasn't the smartest thing to custom build a bike when I had never ridden a GS ever but things worked out!

Comment

Looks real good out on the street like that.
                              Looks fun.

Comment

This is the 850 brat-ish project I'm almost done with.
                                I rebuilt it in the basement (roll in). I pulled it out last night, got some gas in her and withing a couple minutes of typical start up procedures, the video shows the very positive results.
                                Stock 850 engine
                                V&H header stepped down from 2-1/2 to 2".
                                Danmoto Carbon GP slip on.
                                APE pods
                                Dynojet stage 3.
                                This bike starts soooo good. This is just off the bench sync. Still have to do the final sync , plug chops etc. But positive results upon start up.
                                The 850 is the smoothest GS engine I've come across yet.

Still have to clearcoat the tank, get the digital tach working and finish the seat.
                                A few other tidbits and it'll be done.

Comment

Working...
                                X