X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nessism
    replied
    Originally posted by 80GS850GBob View Post
    Nessism- dumb odd question. Did you paint the top sealing area where the gas cap seals? {it looks like it}
    I believe that tank was painted on top of the filler neck, but it's easy to take some sandpaper and feather the edge back.

Regarding the stripes, I made those double stripes by simply laying down two different pinstripes parallel with each other. I'm no pro but it turned out fine and wasn't hard to do.

Leave a comment:

• 80GS850GBob
    Guest replied
    Nessism- dumb odd question. Did you paint the top sealing area where the gas cap seals? {it looks like it}

Leave a comment:

• 80GS850GBob
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Nessism View Post
    From what I can tell from the micro phish, the '80 850G's pin stripping...like yours {I think} starts on the lower right and goes up to the outboard center of the tank - then trails down to a point and then goes back up and around to the outside - around the badge and under to an end point.....all double stripes.

Leave a comment:

• 850 Combat
    replied
    Originally posted by Nessism View Post
    The pinstripe design is simple for the '80 850G. Just use common pinstripe tape. This tank is from a '79 550E but hopefully you get the idea.

Beautiful work

Leave a comment:

• Nessism
    replied
    The pinstripe design is simple for the '80 850G. Just use common pinstripe tape. This tank is from a '79 550E but hopefully you get the idea.

Leave a comment:

• Efordman
    Guest replied
    I tried that's all I can say haha... I stumbled across that a while back and being a KZ place didn't know if people knew about it

Leave a comment:

• 80GS850GBob
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Efordman View Post
    http://kz900.com/decals/suz/decals-suz-gs750.html

Check this out it may have what you need... I found it a while back
    Close, but no '80 850G set...it just seems that '80 was a lackluster year or something........?
    I can find the Euro equivalent, but I kind of like the US version....it's subtle.

Leave a comment:

• 80GS850GBob
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post

My 1981 with stock paint. That is a 55,000 mile bike, by the way
    Beautiful bike...very much like my red '80 850G..........and if you were closer I'd seriously inquire about that RD400....had a daytona special. {was a fun lil bike}

Leave a comment:

• 850 Combat
    replied

My 1981 with stock paint. That is a 55,000 mile bike, by the way

Leave a comment:

• Efordman
    Guest replied

Check this out it may have what you need... I found it a while back

Leave a comment:

• 80GS850GBob
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Steve View Post
    Think it might be closer to MY '80 850G'K'?

Six of one....
    Your bike has what seems the correct front fender stripping...your son's is lacking that.

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    Think it might be closer to MY '80 850G'K'?

Leave a comment:

• 80GS850GBob
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Steve View Post
    Can't help with the color of the stripes, but I can measure width and length of stripes needed.

I'd be very much like your son's 1000g....but I've seen a slightly different pattern than his. {include front fender/double loop on tank side/full loop on side cover....}
    Just stripe width and spacing would help a lot, please.

{I'm still looking for a US brochure for the '80 GS850Gt...still no luck...nothing but "L's" and UK models}

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    Can't help with the color of the stripes, but I can measure width and length of stripes needed.

Leave a comment:

• 80GS850GBob
    started a topic '80 factory pin striping question

'80 factory pin striping question

I'm nearing the end of the tank soak with vinegar....looks pretty good so far. {been two weeks}
    I'll repaint the tank same as the rest of it, in the ford redfire. {my restomod color of choice}

So here lies my question{s} -
    -what is the factory pin striping for a red '80 850G? {edit- "what color{s}}
    -what size are those stripes and gap? {1/8x1/8gapx1/8????}

-in your opinion - how much tape would I need to do the front fender/tank/tail/covers and my windstar fairing?
Working...
X