Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cafe racer build - foot begs/ rear brake pedal assembly

Hey guys,

so i am in the process of converting my gs into a cafe racer and i noticed, upon tear down, that my bike has a fairly chunky assembly that holds the front foot peg and rear peg on one side, and the rear brake pedal and right foot peg on the other. My question is, is there another assembly/ aftermarket parts that i can use to hold my brake pedal and replace my foot pegs instead of this day two piece unit?
    Attached Files

Welcome to the nut house.

I was about to go into the usual rant of "please give us a clue what bike you are talking about", then I clicked on the picture and saw "550L", and possibly an '83 or newer.

Until we get verification, there will be no guesses ventured.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Walmart sells exactly what your looking for, just look in the cafe section…
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

1986 gs550l

Comment

The '83 and newer 550Ls were a strange breed. They tried to propogate the "L" look which was rather quickly fading, and did a few other strange things. One of those strange things was the packaging of the footpeg mounts on each side. Unless you are good with a Sawzall and a welder, you are pretty much stuck with what you have.

Another option you might have would be to find a site that caters more to the cafe-style bikes. Yeah, we have a few here that have 'customized' bikes, but most of us are more into preserving and restoring them than we are into chopping them up. We will be more than happy to help you get it running well and keep it running, but the customizing tips will have to come from somewhere else.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            The '83 and newer 550Ls were a strange breed. They tried to propogate the "L" look which was rather quickly fading, and did a few other strange things. One of those strange things was the packaging of the footpeg mounts on each side. Unless you are good with a Sawzall and a welder, you are pretty much stuck with what you have.

Another option you might have would be to find a site that caters more to the cafe-style bikes. Yeah, we have a few here that have 'customized' bikes, but most of us are more into preserving and restoring them than we are into chopping them up. We will be more than happy to help you get it running well and keep it running, but the customizing tips will have to come from somewhere else.

I actually am pretty good with both. Didn’t really want to cut up pieces in such good shape though. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X