black/chrome mac exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

black/chrome mac exhaust

i have a two tone blue 82gs650 and im wondering if i should get a black or chrome exhaust, i would go chrome but i heard that the chrome quality on the mac isnt so great and im wondering does it fade or what is the issue, if anyone has the same bike with a black exhaust and a picture i wanted to vision it better

not mine but the same exact setup

Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
    1982 XS650

overall quality of MAC exhaust is very low.
    that picture looks like a sportster take off muffler
    GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

I agree, that looks like a Harley muffler.
      Had a black Mac system on a Honda.
      The ceramic? coating was thick enough and looked good but it chipped easily and the shine of headers dulled into a matte or satin finish within a couple months.
      A bike i bought had a chrome 4-1 system that ran perfectly so the jetting was spot on but the headers were blue for at least half the length of the headers.
      The chrome around the collectors, underneath the bike had started to peel. The previous owner claimed the system was less than a year old.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

i have the same exhaust on my bike as the pic i think its a stock one, unless mine is different

so is the mac exhaust not good as in the look or the performance isnt good aswell?
        Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
        1982 XS650

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
          I agree, that looks like a Harley muffler.
          Had a black Mac system on a Honda.
          The ceramic? coating was thick enough and looked good but it chipped easily and the shine of headers dulled into a matte or satin finish within a couple months.
          A bike i bought had a chrome 4-1 system that ran perfectly so the jetting was spot on but the headers were blue for at least half the length of the headers.
          The chrome around the collectors, underneath the bike had started to peel. The previous owner claimed the system was less than a year old.

any clue what that jetting was on the chrome 4-1 or u didnt check.
          Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
          1982 XS650

Comment

also V&H doesnt have an exhaust for my bike anymore so MAC is the only seller for me
            Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
            1982 XS650

Comment

Originally posted by timebombprod View Post
              any clue what that jetting was on the chrome 4-1 or u didnt check.
              Stock air box with stock air filter and stock jetting.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                Stock air box with stock air filter and stock jetting.
                so the chrome 4-1 was a megaphone with street baffles? and jetting was stock and it ran perfect, im getting my carbs cleaned and rejetted if i need too but if stock works best id like to leave it alone
                Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                1982 XS650

Comment

Working...
                X