Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back together - mostly (photos)

I'm thinkin' future BOTM!!!!!

Just gotta wire the signals and give her a bath....

-Q!

nice looking bike

-ryan
    78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
    82 Kat 1000 Project
    05 CRF450x
    10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Loooooking Gooood !

Comment

Very Cool Color ! ! ! !

Comment

Very nice bike.

Comment

ME LIKEY!!!

Comment

Thanks, guys!

It really needs to be detailed - I didn't notice how filthy it was until I put the newly painted plastics back on...

The paint was more effort than it was worth, but I'm very satisfied with it. I was going to polish the fork legs, but I've got a line on some NOS units, factory gloss black. I've also got a donor motor I'm swapping in, so I can rebuild and repaint the original. I'm torn between gloss black or bead-blasted with polished cases for the engine. Time will tell.....

-Q!

Comment

I've also got a donor motor I'm swapping in, so I can rebuild and repaint the original. I'm torn between gloss black or bead-blasted with polished cases for the engine. Time will tell.....
                That's easy - bead blasted block and polished cases. There are lots of black motors around, but the bare aluminum look is not that common.

Mark

Comment

Dood, that is sweeeeeeet! It is awesome in every corner. That is totally my kind of bike. I can't find a thing on it I would change.

My two cents. On a bike like that with the layout and color is has the engine needs to be black.

I don't know if you plan to or not but if it was mine I would also reapply new emblems.

Super sweet man. Kudos!!!

Best GS I have seen in a while.
                  I mean that.

Comment

SAH-WEET!!! Well done!
                    As for the engine,I'll side with Hoomgar and say keep it black-the bright aluminum would clash with that cherry paint job!

Comment

Very nice job Q

Comment

Very nice indeed.
                        You've got 1 vote for BOM.

I'd also keep the engine black. As Earl once told me, the black'll grow on ya.
                        And it has.

Comment

I like the exhaust. What size is the Supertrap inlet ID/OD? I want to cut my megaphone off...

Comment

Very nice indeed! Love the lowers and the shorty signals. Nice attention to detail there.
                            Currently bikeless
                            '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Looks good!

How do you like that Supertrapp exhaust? Has it got the tunable discs? If it does have you fiddled with it? How does it perform and sound? Thanks
                              1982 GS1000S Katana
                              1982 GS1100E

Comment

Working...
                              X