Low sound and not responsive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low sound and not responsive

Hello! I have a 1982 Gs450t. When I went for a ride today, it started right up as usual. Then, once I started driving I realized that the sound was a little low as I accelerated. Also, it wasn’t as responsive- like- I’d give it gas, but it was dragging…. Any ideas of why suddenly this would happen? Exhaust issue? Carb? Thanks!!!!!!!!

I miss my 450t, plenty enough bike for me to have fun in the twisties!

Since this is an "All of a sudden" situation, I'd be checking over the basics of the fuel system, the first lace to look would be inside your airbox to check your air filter and see if anything is plugging up the airway. Next would be the flow out of the petcock, make sure the vacuum hose is connected, turn it to the "prime" position while riding to see if the vacuum is working properly. If that doesn't do it disconnect the fuel line and check the flow of the gas coming out while in the "Prime" position. Next would be to pull the spark plugs for an inspection and cleaning, check the gap while your at it.

A lot of "Carb issues" where resolved with a new petcock and also a new set of spark plug caps. Let us know what you find based on what I layed out and we can go from there if need be.

1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
    1982 GS450txz (former bike)
    LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Thanks! I’ll check those things out!

Comment

Working...
      X