Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where to find carb holders?

looking to buy a set of car holders go between head and carbs

Lots of different models and years have different part numbers.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

With out knowing what make model and year your bike is, it is impossible to help you.
      - 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!
      - 1977 GS750B - Sold but not forgotten

Comment

As previously posted, need model, make, and sub model, if any, of your motorcycle. All the info you have. What you need are the intake manifolds for your bike. Very specific part. Bikes come in 1,2,3,4 and 6 cylinders. So post some info if you want help, then we can help you.

Comment

I can't find any mention of what year your GS1000 is.
          Whatever, have a look on www.cruzinimage.net for carb boots.
          The quality of parts from them is usually good, unless you really want to pay through the nose for OEM ones, if they're still available.

78-79-ish...

80 onwards...
          ---- Dave
          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

1979 gs 1000 Sorry

Comment

Okay thanks cruizinimage works, z 1 enterprise was out of them . Have got the bike fired off was lean popping so we will do basics first .have already done carb dip then ultrasonic cleaner. Major basket case but it doesn't know or have any weird noises .

Comment

Did you spray some ether, or starting fluid into the intakes from the outside of each intake to make sure they were sucking air and causing this condition?

Comment

You can seal these sometimes by painting them with layers of "Flex-Seal". That stuff dries into rubber and will seal. Kind of a last resort, but check with some ether to see if the rpm's rise, so that you know this is a problem. I always use the little red rube that sticks into the nozzle so you can pinpoint your blast of ether.

Comment

Jbm industries.....................
                    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Not sure which variant of the GS1000 you have, but Partzilla still has OEM parts for $35 each, at least for the N. I've pulled the trigger on new rubber the last few projects and it makes carb mounting sooooooooooooo much easier. I don't even think about pulling out the ratchet straps.

Buy Suzuki 13110-49000 - PIPE,INTAKE. This OEM part is guaranteed by Suzuki's limited part warranty ✓ FREE Shipping on qualified orders - Partzilla.com

Current rides: GS650L, GS550T, GL500, GL1100, Bonnie, Triumph Adventurer, Guzzi California

Comment

JBM is 95 a set of 4 plus tax and shipping. Ive bought them and theyre awesome in my opinion.
                        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                        X