No announcement yet.

Suddenly not starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am NOT very familiar with electronics of these bikes. Before you leave home, you might want to start her on the centerstand and then move the bars full side to side. The motion can cause stresses on some wiring. We don't want to break anything, but better it be at home.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
      I am NOT very familiar with electronics of these bikes. Before you leave home, you might want to start her on the centerstand and then move the bars full side to side. The motion can cause stresses on some wiring. We don't want to break anything, but better it be at home.
      Not a bad call! I didn’t do that but I did run some slow, tight figure eights in the cul de sac without issue but I’ll put it up on the stand and make sure I get the bars all the way to the stops without issue before I get any farther from the house.
      1980 GS1000GL, or will be again once it’s done.

Comment

Working...
      X