1983 GS1100E Delkevic 4-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983 GS1100E Delkevic 4-1

I'm trying to find a photo of an 82/83 GS1100E with the Delkevic 4-1 "Cafe" pipe.
    I've seen a few photos and vids of the bike with the traditional megaphone design.
    Anyone here have one?

45Bpcr

Trevor has probably cornered the market.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
      Trevor has probably cornered the market.
      Haha..that’s one exhaust I’ve never been a fan of
      No signature

Comment

Have you tried their website?

Paul

sigpic

Originally posted by Grimly
        Watery bints handing out swords is no basis for any system of government.

Comment

I have it on my 82-1100G and love it. Not loud at all, lightweight.
          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

I did look through Delkevic's site and I did see the stock photo of the Cafe pipe on a GSX1100.
            I'm assuming it's an 80 or 81 bike sold in Europe.
            I found this vid of the Megaphone style on youtube, don't know if he's a member here or not.

I was curios to see what the cafe pipe looked like on the same vintage bike.

On a side note, I'd emailed Yoshimura asking if they still manufactured pipes for the bike.
            A nice guy from sales got back to me the next day.
            Apparently they will still make pipes for the 81-83 Katana, but they need to be ordered from Japan.

GSX1100S/GSX750S(I / II),FULL SYSTEM HAND BENT TITANIUM CYCLONE : JMCA APPROVED,,Muffler,Cyclone,Camshaft,Piston,Carburetor,4stMini,Yoshimura

About $2300.00 not including shipping :-)

The bike wears and old pitted and painted Vance + Hines now.

Craig

Comment

Have a look at the Hindle systems.
              A couple options on headers and mufflers.
              Ripple Rock Racers manufactures custom performance motorcycle exhausts and aluminum billet triples. More horsepower, less weight. For those that are serious about racing.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Motogpwerks do a Yosh replica that's beautiful, if I do say so myself!

CVFA weapon.jpg
                Paul

sigpic

Comment

Is that your center stand still on there? That is a very nice looking bike.

Comment

I had one on an 82 GS1100G. Very good quality for the price.
                    1980 GS1000G - Sold
                    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

That's the question I was going to ask as well.
                      I'd like to retain my center stand as well as oil filter and drain plug access.
                      Ideally, that's the pipe I was looking for.
                      Perhaps a call to Patriot Racing would be in order.

Comment

Originally posted by 45bpcr View Post
                        That's the question I was going to ask as well.
                        I'd like to retain my center stand as well as oil filter and drain plug access.
                        Ideally, that's the pipe I was looking for.
                        Perhaps a call to Patriot Racing would be in order.
                        I've got one of those pipes on my 1982 GS1100E and I could keep the center stand, but access to the drain plug is tight! I find it easier to just remove the # 1 & # 2 downtubes. Oil filter access is good.
                        Ron
                        When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
                        1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
                        1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
                        1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
                        1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Originally posted by 45bpcr View Post
                          About $2300.00 not including shipping.
                          That's quite steep, when you realize a brand new, shiny chrome, perfectly serviceable V&H can be had for around $600.
                          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

There are a lot of decent used bikes out there for $2300 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukian View Post
                              Is that your center stand still on there? That is a very nice looking bike.
                              Thanks Ian,
                              the center stand and a part of the bracket was removed and there's no access to the drain plug. On the up side, the pipe uses "spigots" at the head, so remove the 4 springs & the hanger bolt at the rear, and you have unfettered access to the drain bolt.

I don't miss the center stand as I have a full collection of work stands... front, several rear and a frame lift to get both ends off the ground for shock service or whatever

Be well.
                              Paul

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X