Fuel hose size from peacock to tee connectors between carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel hose size from peacock to tee connectors between carbs

Hi all I tried searching the forums to no avail and I can’t take my cracked hose off because I’m deriding the gas tank with vinegar and couldn’t plug the petcock hole in the take from gorilla tape to caulk even flex seal would hold the vinegar from leaking out the hole so I had to put the petcock back on with some hose clamps. Does anyone know the size of the hose so I can go buy the piece without having to wait until I drain and rinse tank? Also can I use any tee or mine can be reused so long as no leaks which there aren’t just a crack in the hose. I have the Clymer manual and offers no hose sizes or lengths. Thanks oh it’s a 1980 GS450L

I think 5/16" Internal diameter. The vacuum line is 1/4" Internal. At least that's what my GS850G has.

Comment

Thanks appreciate it

Comment

It's 7mm ID. Check the part description that Suzuki publishes. This hose is rubbery and stretchy. Totally different than fuel line at auto parts stores.

HOSE (7X10.2X2000) | L:2000!1140

09352-70103-00B

Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Suzuki use 7.0 mm I.D. fuel line on many of their machines and that helps a lot. My 1981 GSX1100S has 7.0 mm fuel line however, I am using 2004 GSX 750F carbs and I need a longer fuel line than the 1981 line. The 2004 GSX 750 F fuel line is longer = 23.5 inches and all goes together perfectly.

If your fuel line clamps are tired perhaps consider new fuel line clamps, these don't damage lines like some clamps do.

I am not one to follow the line that genuine parts must be used every time. There are many aftermarket parts that are fine to use and in some cases are even better to use than OEM. Aftermarket fuel lines vary in quality and if you know which brand is a quality product then its all good. With Suzuki fuel line there is no guessing, their fuel line quality, safety and reliability has been proven over many years and it is one of the parts I don't question buying from Suzuki no matter what the price. Watching your ride be damaged or burnt to the ground due to a poor quality fuel line failing may be a pretty rare event but it does happen.

2004 GSX 750 F fuel line 2 by Max Mutarn, on Flickr

2004 GSX 750 F fuel line 1 by Max Mutarn, on Flickr

2004 GSX 750 F fuel line by Max Mutarn, on Flickr

Fuel line clamps by Max Mutarn, on Flickr

The part numbers may be different in the USA for the 2004 GSX 750 F fuel line and clamps?
          Last edited by Shin-Ken 1074; 02-23-2024, 06:54 PM.
          Shin-Ken 1074
          1982 GSX1100SXZ Wire Wheel Katana - BOM Nov 2011
          1981 GSX1135 Katana Build completed Mar 2024, Curb Weight, all fluids and 21 lt fuel = 206 kg.

Comment

You can put 7mm fuel hose in ebay search box and some place let you order by the foot
            MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
              HOSE (7X10.2X2000) | L:2000!114009352-70103-00B

Originally posted by Shin-Ken 1074 View Post
              Thanks guys, This is good info. I knew it was 7mm but when I went looking I went down a rabbit hole and never found a carrot ! That included 4 MC dealers that had all major brands,
              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

this is the hose I replaced it with in pinch just added a filter as well

Comment

Originally posted by Finesse150 View Post
                  this is the hose I replaced it with in pinch just added a filter as well
                  https://www.walmart.com/ip/FUEL-9-Pi...SellerId=0&wl1
                  5/16 is getting close to 8mm so it will be too big. clamp it down tight. I did the same thing.......
                  82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Working...
                  X