Gas cap gasket part #

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas cap gasket part #

Does anyone know the part number of the thick rubber gasket under the gas cap of a 1980 450L I’m sure all models use the same but the only gas cap info I can find on here is about riders buying cheap gas cap and taking the gasket which if I have to I can do that. If anyone knows the part number that would be great because it’s not on any parts fiche’. If not what does everyone think about cutting a sheet of rubber and using rubber cement or epoxy that won’t be affected by the gasoline to cover the cracks in mine? My gasket isn’t hard it’s still flexible just has many cracks or rips I should say. Thanks all

same. I had to buy a cheap cap on eBay to get the rubber gasket. I don’t think Suzuki had a separate part number for it, IIRC. The cap didn’t fit/wouldnt lock at all. But I was able to transfer the gasket to my original cap. Works fine.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

yup... cheap chinese and swap the gaskets
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
      X