No announcement yet.

(SORRY!) Carb Dip Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To get the inlet valve screen off use a small screwdriver and put it in one of the notches and push. Do this in a shop towel so it doesn't go a fly'n.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I was skeered to get the screen out so I cleaned mine with carb spray in a can. I wish people who spray a little cleaner on their carbs and call them clean could have seen under the seats in mine! Bad bad bad!

Comment

Hey dipped first carb last night,wasn't thinking about it being a painted carb (black),came out all gummy half paint gone .Cleaned it and got 80%of paint off and put it back in the dip.Has any one done this before or do i win moron of the week honors?Do you blast the paint off before you dip them or is putting them in dip painted acceptable ?I'm thinking i might have ruined my dip?All suggestions and info appreciated, THANKS

Comment

Well you beat me to my issue with dip on '83 1100E carbs.
          It takes the paint right off
          Sorry, I was going to warn you but just saw this post.
          Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
          2000 Kawasaki Concours
          Please wear ATGATT

Comment

You might want to find someone with a walnut shell blaster now to clean the rest of the paint off. Go easy on the metal parts or you will remove the plating and the hardware will rust.
            Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

When the paint get's gummy like this I use carb cleaner and a toothbrush.
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

Fuel inlet T-fitting

I'm doing my carbs and noticed the fuel inlet t-fitting seems rubber coated or maybe its just alot of paint?I noticed a small gouge out of the outer o-ring , Do you replace these o-rings,i didn't get any for this fitting in my o-ring kit so im sure you don't. Should i dip the fitting or just spray out with carb clean?Maybe i need a new fitting,what do you think?Thanks

Comment

Don't dip it. It is coated as built in o-rings.

Comment

If you have dissolved the rubber coating off the inlet "T" or pipes it is possible to use the correct thickness electrical "shrink-on" material to make a repair.

Comment

Working...
                    X